Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Most guys I fish with don't want to pay any more for fishng than they have to. Why not keep the cost to fish down? Why not keep the price per kilo of locally caught seafood down? Why not keep fishing jobs in Oz rather than overseas. Surely you don't want to pay more than you need to? By opposing Labor govts carbon tax we are supporting lower costs for fishing. But as you rightly seem to suggest - there is more to life than fishing. Campbell Newman's 4 point water plan will keep the cost of water down. The LNP's electricity policies will stop power from increasing at the rate it is under the Bligh govt. These measures will save everyday Aussies hundreds of dollars. I think this is a good thing, don't you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Most guys I fish with don't want to pay any more for fishng than they have to. Why not keep the cost to fish down? Why not keep the price per kilo of locally caught seafood down? Why not keep fishing jobs in Oz rather than overseas. Surely you don't want to pay more than you need to? By opposing Labor govts carbon tax we are supporting lower costs for fishing. But as you rightly seem to suggest - there is more to life than fishing. Campbell Newman's 4 point water plan will keep the cost of water down. The LNP's electricity policies will stop power from increasing at the rate it is under the Bligh govt. These measures will save everyday Aussies hundreds of dollars. I think this is a good thing, don't you ...
    and there we go again..okay Mark..this is simple English..cut the crap and spin..it does not go down well..lower electricity and water prices..if not then I may as well vote foe some moron that stands in myelectorate as the current member is a joke and the LNP candidiate cannot even referee a football game properly.

Is their something you are missing..surely you are not that stupid..or don't you and the LNP care..PEOPLE ARE STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE..you got that yet..you know..tha basics..pay the mortage, pay the utilities, feed the family?

here is the way you mob may win the next election..pull your heads out of your collective arses and out of Newmans..the bloke is not the new Messiah..come to grips with what the average household needs and deal with it..NOW..stop the cop out crap about when the election is called.

Mark...can you read?

No honestly....can you read??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

The "lowering" of Elect. or Water costs has not been decided , nor has the "RAISING" of Elect/Water been decided.

BUT..the "cost" of Fishing or just wetting-a-line ,has been decided..
    ....just not "announced" LOLOL

Gazza disliking Marks posts, Timi's head in Marks ass and now we have MD agreeing and thanking Lovey's posts.

Christ i go away for three days and all hell breaks loose and all this Mark started from opposition, imagine what he could achieve in government.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

that cracked me up Steeler lol
    Tangles KFC

Tell me...steeler ,do you think Timi could really hold-up 2 fish , or is his Avatar photoshopped ?

Kind Regards to both

I thought it was frosty in Uralla, Armidale and Glenn Innes, there got nothing on this thread.

If thats really him then i would have to say yes he can hold two up, way to mean and cranky looking to say anything to the contrary. If it was photoshopped i reckon he would have gone with the Brad Pitt look.

He does like Mercs so got to cut him some slack.

Thumbs up Why you don't want Timi to show his Muscles *lol*

@ Brad Pitt....could be

Now, far am I from being one to throw peoples' own shit back at them, but I think now the time is right.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Time and again I have been abused for introducing issues (as threads or within a thread) that were not related to FISHING. Now we have a thread about the Carbon Tax and it's effect on fishing, and people are raising (the same people, in some cases, who have been at me for doing the same thing) other issues, stating that FISHING'S not important, that it's the rest of the economic impacts that are.

Now that may be true, but this thread is about the impact on FISHING, and we have a politician who is willing to discuss the impacts on FISHING, but you all just want to abuse him for everything else that's going on. Fair enough, pollies always cop that wherever they go, but some of the criticism Mark is getting here, on issues unrelated to the thread, is getting to the point where the thread should be closed.

Obviously people are very angry about what is happening, me included. If you don't reckon I am seeing THOUSANDS of dollars going down the tube, then you're way wrong. The current State and Federal Governments have a lot to answer for. Abusing the alternative isn't going to help.

I was recently absolutely DRAGGED OVER THE COALS by a member for making a remark about our erstwhile Prime Minister, who hasn't tried (nor have any of her party) to engage us as directly as Mark has. I note the absence of that person from this thread, who I'd have thought would be quite rankled at the level of ire being demonstrated, but he's strangely silent. Just demonstrating his political bias then. So it's not OK to bash someone who doesn't even know we exist, but Mark comes on here, and is copping a whipping.

I think some of you need to go and take a very cold shower.

And I went fishing on Wednesday and caught a 9Kg AJ, among a few other fish. Bruce pulled a 5Kg Kingie too.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Mark...can you read?

No honestly....can you read??
    Why didn't you like that post Gazza?
    I was asking if Mark could read for a reason.
    Obviously he has not read that a lot of us have other things on our minds other then the price of green prawns.
    We're trying to survive.
    And all he's worried about is if his mates have to pay an extra 23c for a 1/2 kilo of fresh prawns.

Campbell's 4 point water plan as copied from the LNP website...

To date, the LNP has committed to:
    Implement its Four Point Water Plan:

• Amalgamate the five bulk water entities into one entity to reduce the cost of supplying water.
    • Hand back control of water to local government who previously did a far better job of managing water resources than the Bligh Government.
    • Write off non-performing water grid assets to reduce sharp price rises.
    • Adopt a 40 year price path to repay the Bligh Government's $7 billion water grid debt over the economic life of the assets, which will also reduce the cost of water.

There's that bloody word....committed. It means nothing and it's at the start of the policy so the policy means about as much as something my nephew wrote in the mud the other day.
    -Amalgamate 5 bulk water mobs into one. Another monopoly. Great.
    -Hand back water control to the council's. What if they don't want them any more?? They were happy as Larry before Anna struck up strife but why would council's want water back if they have to report to the monopoly.
    Gold Coast and Redlands might have something to say about that as well. They're p!ssed off about water and if I recall State Government has let Gold Coast go on their own again...water wise that is.
    Redlands' water was their major asset and a major source of their income that was stripped of them for next to nothing. They're still pretty p!ssed about that. They could say...rot in hell
    -writing off water grid assets....what assets are we talking about here?? Wivenhoe??
    -40 year plan to repay 7 billion dollar loans. Mmmm. Makes as much sense as making it possible for people to pay off their credit cards over 40 years.

And then there's power.
    A quote from Mark.
    The LNP's electricity policies will stop power from increasing at the rate it is under the Bligh govt.
    OK. 0.005% below the current rate of price rise will satisfy that requirement
    What are the actual figures??
    What is the rate of price rise for electricity? This I would really like to know.

These measures will save everyday Aussies hundreds of dollars. I think this is a good thing, don't you ...
    Hundreds of dollars over what time period?? 40 years like the water plan??
    What is your mob going to take from us to make this possible?

Fixing the CPI to reflect the true cost of living increases will give a lot of us extra hundreds of dollars every month and that is a certainty.

So do I care if your mates have to pay a bit extra for their fishing gear Mark?
    Do you and your mates care if I (and may others) continually lose thousands of dollars every year (with the gap expanding exponentially every year) purely due to politicians wanting to make themselves look good??
    I have gone from a very comfortable lifestyle to one of near poverty in 14 years and I have another 16 years or so to go on the policy. What is my lifestyle going to be like by then if things go backwards at the rate they are??
    No wonder doing the hurry curry thing would have gone through the minds of many who are in the same boat as Dick and myself.
    All we're wanting is Governments to be fair-dinkum about the true state of how things are.
    Not the state of how things are in the fantasy land called a politicians brain.

And to satisfy Timi.
    I don't give a flying fig if prawns go up by 23c per 1/2 kilo. Why??
    I can't afford the f%$#ken fuel to get to the ocean and I have to pay other bills instead.
    My annual income insurance premiums has increased to the extend that the increase that I get paid covers it and it only. What about the increases in other insurances??
    How do I pay the extra 10% increase in council rates? And then there's the higher rego costs, insurance costs. Everything costs more and more and way above the 3.6% the dopes are trying to tell us the cost of living has gone up.
    Survival is hard. Fishing is a luxury may people just cannot do any more and we really don't give a toss whether Mark and his mates have to pay the extra 23c per kilo for their prawns.

And a cold shower we have to have. Have you seen he price of gas now??
    Last time I looked it was about $1.20 per litre for bulk delivery. How the f$%# can gas be over a $1.20 per litre for bulk home delivery and about 1/2 that at the servo and about 3c per 1000 litres for the Chinese??
    These near monopoly's are a great idea for essential services

A question for you Timi?
    How did you catch that fish on Wednesday??
    Out of a private pleasure craft??
    What is the registration fee on that craft?
    What would the registration fee be for that boat in NSW?
    Where in CanDo's list of commitments is there something about registration fees?
    Just another reason why the cost of 1/2kilo of prawns is the least on my mind when I go for a fish one day if I save up real hard.
    It's also THE reason why I have 2 boats registered in NSW.
    I am able to have 2 boats registered in NSW for less then the price of one little tiny tinny in QLD.
    The difference in registration fees alone could buy a lot of prawns.

Another question for you Timi.
    How much fuel did the boat use?
    What did it cost??
    How much money could be saved if the cost of that fuel truly reflected the cost of crude oil and the strength of the Australian dollar?
    A lot more raw prawns could brought for every litre of fuel you used if politicians were fair-dinkum
    Where is fixing fuel prices to reflex the true value in CAnDo's policies??

The boat is registered in Qld, which is, as far as I know, a legal requirement as the owner resides here. Again, this thread is about the Carbon Tax and fishing, not a barely controlled rant about howpeoplehateallpoliticiansandwe'llnevergetanythin gsoweshouldjustabusethemallandhopeforthebest.

I remember when I was a kid. When people abused me, I shut down and thought the rhetorical "get f%^(ed." Nothing has changed with me. I do hope that's not the eventual response we get from the one politician who is trying to talk ANYTHING with us. Mind you, the way some of the crowd are carrying on, it seems "redneck meathead" is probably an apt description, and we'll get what we probably deserve.

The way we're treating the one party who's actually trying on the fishing front (and I am only talking about the fishing front, as nothing else is relevant to this thread) we deserve nothing. And if it's what we get we'll say "told you so." Amazing how people manage to create self fulfilling prophecies. Working on it here in spades. I am ashamed and embarrassed by the treatment Mark is getting here.

I await the next rant.

Edit: no, actually I think I'll zone out, because this thread is becoming fundamentally boring, and particularly stupid.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Again, this thread is about the Carbon Tax and fishing
    Tim
    Again...if you bother to read....the introduction of a carbon tax is the least of my concerns to my way of fishing.
    It won't make much difference at all really when everything else is considered.
    So what are the Queensland based LNP going to do at a state level to make a 1/2 kilo of prawns cheaper then what they'll be with a carbon tax seeing QLD cannot do anything about the carbon tax??
    Not committed to do...but do?

And lucky for me that I have an address in NSW to register my boats then eh. And it's not where the owner resides but where the boat resides. Usually the boat resides with the owner....but not always.

And something else to bore you Timi.
    It seems Mark takes every opportunity to say HIS opposition sucks so he might get a bigger pay packet so I take the same number of opportunities to say that every politician sucks.
    If he cannot take a bit of heat from a forum then he'd better reconsider career paths.
    If he cannot answer a few straight forward questions then he'd better get 'some learning' under his belt because the questions are only going to get harder the closer it gets to an election.
    Mark started this by saying fishing is going to be more expensive under a carbon tax.
    I'm saying prove to me fishing (or any other part of my life) won't be more expensive under a LNP Government.
    Prove it.

Essentially Marks opposition to a carbon tax means zip, nil, nothing and zero.

It is a federal issue not a state political issue so he can huff and puff all he likes but it don't mean Jack, no pun intended Jarrah LOL.