Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

bet 10 bob treasury/scam government gas tax economists didn't take into account today's new CPI figures when scamming us with the true cost in all things that will be passed on under the tax.....time to go back to the drawing boards and triple/quadruple the 'compensation'. then and only then will 'no family be worse of under the tax'...but that will only be directly....indirectly everyone looses for years to come.

Such a crock this tax and at every level.

The carbon tax is only another step at Labor's attempt at grasping for power and holding on at all costs. As has already been adequately highlighted, the Greens really pull the puppet strings of the current Federal and State Labor governments. The only thing that will happen is that the rich will get richer and those of us who are in the middle will just be dragged, kicking and screaming onto the poverty line through taxes like the Carbon tax etc. If they were really fair dinkum about saving the environment they would provide more support for those of us wanting solar power etc. But no - this is really about money and about stopping those of us who like to us the environment for good old fashioned recreation to veer away from it. I find it funny that the bulk of greenies I have met have never spent a night in the bush in a swag or know what it is like to really rough it and enjoy what you have before you. Most of these bottom dwellers have university educations and have ideals which they like to impose on others but which really don't effect themselves as they have no intention of experiencing the environment the way we like to.

It is a free world with free speech - so long as it sings the Labor or Green tune, if not we are all rednecks. Well call me a redneck if that is what a redneck is!

Tight lines!

Horny

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    The compensation package for this tax is a farce and maybe Mark can inform us on what was the average electricity bill costing that was used to calculate that part of the compensation package.
    I have spoke to quite a few friends and neighbors around me and the average quarterly electricity bill seems to be around a $1000 per quarter these days.
    We have just copped a 6% price increase and now we have an expected 10% increase due to this new tax.
    Just about very person I have talked to so far will be paying more for the increased electricity charges than they will be receiving in compensation and then they have to battle all of the other price increases caused from this new tax.
    My electricity bill averages out at around $1800 per quarter and that 10% adds up to an extra $720 a year yet I will be getting around $250 in compensation a year.
    A lot of people really need to sit down and spend some time and work out how this tax will effect their disposable income especially with their utilities.
    To me I think they must have used the average electricity bills from a bunch of cavemen or pensioners who live in the dark and eat cold baked beans out of a can.
    I'm not doubting you figs Aussie, just like to know how a household bill could be that high?
    Even all your neighbors and friends a heaps more than we ever get. Are there diff electricity prices accross SEQ? I'm in Briz.
    My last bill was $337 for the 1/4, thats for 2 adults + 1 teen. No pool, but the usual 2 fridges, deep freeze, a couple of tv's & dvd's on standby when not in use, elect hot water, a big fish tank, the air cons havn't been on since summer but we used them to heat on a couple of the coldest nights last month. I got some new globes though.
    I asked the guys I was working with today and they got similar figs, 2 adults = $280, 2 adults + 3 kids = $370. Another guy's bill was only $210 last 1/4 for just 2 adults but he has a solar feed back to the grid set up.
    Does anyone know what Gillard Carbon Tax Package claims the current average 1/4 electricity bill is?

ok Mike..how do you do it..I just paid mine..a cheap one..$1086.00. in summer with the air cond on..usually around the $1800 mark. Or..maybe the buggers cannot read the meter correctly.
    I wonder what CanDo will do about these rip off prices.

I got to say how dissapointed I am that a so called politician has bought up or sprooked his opinions on this site.
    Buddy if that is all you got and that is your approach to try and stir up votes you don't deserve to be were you are.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    ok Mike..how do you do it..I just paid mine..a cheap one..$1086.00. in summer with the air cond on..usually around the $1800 mark. Or..maybe the buggers cannot read the meter correctly.
    I wonder what CanDo will do about these rip off prices.
    Wow! that is expensive but I recon you would've got a good deal on that aircon unit Greg.

Here's the bill for April/May/June 1/4

Attachment 69746

Edit, how do I post a photo on the all new Ausfish, this happens every time

I got my power bill last night, $403.30 for the quarter. I don't turn anything off except lights and TV's everything else is on standby. That includes hot water and 2 big fridges and a very clean mrs.

I can't imagine what you guys have on at home to generate the $1000 + bills?? Or are you running a workshop at home with big equipment?
    Jack.

http://kzoo.co/VyQHed

THIS is why we don't want a carbon tax.

KC

Bugger...didn't work. Go to koozzoo and have a look for yourselves =(

Does now

We all know the state media..oops the abc in Australia plays the fabian line really really well and so does many of the commercial outlets scribes/mouthpieces but hey check out this link...coming to a country nearest you? with a hot air tax on TOP!!!..how lucky we are to be cared for.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ameri...ke-2011-7?op=1

It's no secret that the USA no matter what happends soon over their debt negotiations they are going to loose their AAA rating...interesting times ahead.

the problem with the LNP is they will bring back IR Laws with is no good for aussie workers, which will also drive wages down with conditions of work (In my Opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I got my power bill last night, $403.30 for the quarter. I don't turn anything off except lights and TV's everything else is on standby. That includes hot water and 2 big fridges and a very clean mrs.

I can't imagine what you guys have on at home to generate the $1000 + bills?? Or are you running a workshop at home with big equipment?
    I pay near 1000 to but thats to do with the tariff i'm on

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    The carbon tax is only another step at Labor's attempt at grasping for power and holding on at all costs. As has already been adequately highlighted, the Greens really pull the puppet strings of the current Federal and State Labor governments. The only thing that will happen is that the rich will get richer and those of us who are in the middle will just be dragged, kicking and screaming onto the poverty line through taxes like the Carbon tax etc. If they were really fair dinkum about saving the environment they would provide more support for those of us wanting solar power etc. But no - this is really about money and about stopping those of us who like to us the environment for good old fashioned recreation to veer away from it. I find it funny that the bulk of greenies I have met have never spent a night in the bush in a swag or know what it is like to really rough it and enjoy what you have before you. Most of these bottom dwellers have university educations and have ideals which they like to impose on others but which really don't effect themselves as they have no intention of experiencing the environment the way we like to.

It is a free world with free speech - so long as it sings the Labor or Green tune, if not we are all rednecks. Well call me a redneck if that is what a redneck is!

Tight lines!

Horny
    Horny .... do you really think that a Carbon tax is a vote grabber ?
    Mate ........ this is so unpopular that a carbon tax is virtual political suicide ........ something like 80% of the population is against it ! - no this is pure ideological BS & Julia will go down in a screaming heap over it regardless of what green vote she could pick up .......... the reality is "Money talks"

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I just love this thread, it has been a great read following it for several days. There has been an underlying gripe with many as to the cost of power which we all seem to suffer from. Yesterday they released the official cost of living and cpi figures and report, something that Finga was spot on about in his larger than normal spray at government. The report stated stated " Contrary to popular belief, the ABS report shows electricity prices actually falling 1.5 per cent over the quarter." The full story is on this link just paste it to your browser.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-2...dollar/2812512 For the life of me i can not understand how the government can base peoples incomes and pensions on the cpi when they say power actually fell in the last quarter; this is simply a blatant rip off by the government of the people who can least afford it. I am quite simply disgusted in them all.
    Regards to all Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    M8 ,IF I kicked Mark up the arse ,YOU'd probably feel my kick ....take your headout
    I doubt whether Mark would agree with you. I've simply backed a horse, and I'm riding it like a $2 hooker. You might like to ask Mark whether I've mentioned the GBRMP, or the WA Liberal backflip, and what the consequences of a repeat are likely to be, from me and everyone else who support him on the Angling issue.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.