Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

This is starting to feel like Ground Hog Day

1/ Mark has a spray

2/ He gets asked a few hard questions

3/ Mark responds but doesn't actually tell us anything

4/ The natives become restless

5/ Timmi tries to save the day but unfortunately 2 + 2 doesn't = 5, and Aushfishers can count (well most can).

I am not gaining any faith in the LNP yet. When will the party start to be something worth voting for confidently?
    Jack.

Lightbulb Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Mark , I do respect your "intentions"

BUTT.."No gutz No Glory" for the LNP bagging anybody ,without "having" a Comparison arguement

p.s. stick a mandate up your arse ,as NOBODY totally agrees with 100% of "any parties" policies ,never did, never would ,NONE of us where never that STUPID

p.p.s. I hope for your sake , you know some "inside info" that proves the lab-losers ARE GOING TO INTRODUCE AN R.F.L.

BIG Mileage to be lost , IF you Can't M8
    ......"Mark my Words"
    Last edited by Gazza; 25-07-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: seriousness *serious*

LOL, it's all or nothing with you lot, isn't it?

I'll paraphrase - "If the LNPO has released some policy, it means they have to release all their policy." For the naysayers, given they haven't released their Fisheries policy, does that now mean that when they do, you will not believe them? Or does it mean that when they do, it's all too late and you hate them because they released it on their timing and not yours? Sorry, but they have a right to choose their timing. Fishieries has become a contentious issue, and one where good ideas are easily nicked.

And re the Carbon Tax and this bollocks Direct Action Policy - C'mon, think about it. If Tony Abbott came out and said "AGW (Anthropogenic Climate Change - sorry Scott) is bullshit and we don't need a policy on it," what would the likely outcome be? Ammo for Labor, ammo for Greens, ammo for the media. It would be a very bad idea for his career, and for the career of every other LNP pollie, State and Federal. I hate that the LNP has such a policy, but I understand the requirement to have one. To not have one would be to guarantee the loss of the next election, and possibly the one after that. I don't think the Country can afford the truth on that one, like it or not. I must stress that this is my opinion, because I can't get anything on this out of any of the buggers, except that "Direct Action is our Policy." Political reality; you folks can stamp your feet and complain as much as you like, but I suspect that those of us who get a grip on the realities of life instead of demanding the impossible sleep a little better at night!

And regarding your state, Scott - "what have they done for me?" I suspect nothing, and I'm not happy with that either. What to do about it? I don't know.

EDIT: I'll add that I argued the same re policy release on Labor's behalf during the 2007 campaign - both parties have the right to release on their schedule. That's the reality, and tanties won't change it.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

A point Mike raised Tim....and one I REALLY agree on, is the political art form of avoiding answering a question. It is a root cause of the general distain people have with politicians (& one of the reason for Katter's rise). Answer the bloody question. Conviction! Not spin. Gillard is a master of it and a large part of the reason people have tuned out....you just know that whatever she gets asked she will wander off on her own tangent and trot out all the approved slogans, buzz words and sound bites and it sh!ts people..BIG TIME. If you ask Katter a question, you get an answer, an answer you sometimes don't like, but at least a straight response. I guess the election will be the test as to wether people want truth and conviction Vs spin and political "crap" but as someone who clearly has an interest in fishing issues Mark does himself no favours playing the political "spin the bottle" game and avoiding questions he does not want to answer. The nationals invented the game in Qld "Feeding the chooks" & "Don't you worry about that"...Keating made it an art form and Gillard is the high priestess. Even though I try to follow politics I have taken to changing channels when Gillard and Swan are interviewed because I know what's coming....spin, spin and slogans! I hope LNP wake up to themselves...but if they don't....at least we have "my mate Bob".

KC

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    And regarding your state, Scott - "what have they done for me?" I suspect nothing, and I'm not happy with that either. What to do about it? I don't know.
    Tim
    It has to be all or nothing Timi.....and it's not f$%^ken funny.
    A hell of a lot of us tax payers are near the nothing with nobody to blame but politicians and governments.
    I'm not the Lone Ranger in been p!ssed off by Governments. I'm not alone by a huge margin.

I know what the self promoting, self back patting scum that sit in parliament houses can do for me. The list is not conclusive. A lot more should be done.
    They can stop trying to gloss over the problems we have in Australia (so they may win another term in office) and start telling us the truth.
    Look after the tax paying citizens of Australia...you know...the one who pay taxes, and hence, the bills...and start telling us the truth about unemployment, CPI's and every other aspect of our great nation.
    I'm fair dinkum in saying I would be better treated by this nation if I was a criminal and not a tax payer.
    How to help me:-
    Get rid of most of the scumsuckers bludging off the welfare system. Welfare is meant for those who need it. Not those who choose not to work...ever. If we can spot them in the shopping centres and at the pub why can't Centrelink? Why can the bludgers afford to go to the pub and smoke and have $20,000 cars and a lot of tax payers cannot??
    Get real figures on our statistics. How in the name of all that's holy can the National CPI be 2.8% (which the dipshits in Canberra tell me is how much the cost of me living has gone up) or what-ever it is and then I have my local council telling me CPI is 10% and that's how much my rates are going up. Something F$%ken wrong there somewhere. Tell me how this can be so Mark, Timi.
    Stop pandering to minority groups.
    Stop wasting F%$king money. How much money is wasted in this country on things like designing a surfboard for females. Give me the $25,000 grant that was given for that. It was easy. Put 2 dints towards the front. Done and dusted now give me the money.
    On a fishing nature how much money has been wasted with rule changes?
    I would not know many fishing regulations now. They are chopped and changed and altered near every day of the week now. When I go fishing I would not know if I was allowed to keep a fish caught where I was at the time I was fishing or if I was supposed to cut some appendage off the fish or myself to be able to keep the unknown number of fish of a breed I don't know if I can keep in the esky which may/may not have to have some chemical in it to kill the fish humanely.
    I'm just buggered if I know any more.

All or nothing....my bloody oath.
    Explain to me Mark what are you, and your mob, going to do to make my life better?
    No commitments please. Committed means absolutely bloody nothing to me and, to tell you the truth, I'm sick and tired of hearing the word committed. Saying your committed is just a gutless way of getting out of anything your mob has half heartedly said to do nothing but try and win a vote.
    Cold, hard facts please. Say what your mob are going to do for me?
    I'd also like to hear from the other mob as well.

Might as well go and rob a convenience store after I'd pricked myself in the arm a few hundred times. At least I'll be treated well then.
    Or I might run the big boat out to sea, turn around and wander back and refuse to tell my name and have no ID on me and then sit back and live in relative luxury.

F%$#ken politicians. I'd like one to live with either myself or any number of other people for 6 months or so so they'd see how the real world is and not how they dream it to be.
    I dare....no, I reckon I'd pay any politician to spend a fortnight with my little brother and see what he sees and hears every day he works. He's a repo guy. Life is not that rosy for many people who go to work every day.

Where's Mark now?? Pretty quick to post about positives. WHAT ABOUT ANSWERING THE NEGATIVES?
    And don't give me the bullsh@t story about been busy. You had time to start a thread knocking the other side...now answer some questions or is Mike's post at the top of the page fact?
    Yes Timi. It's all or nothing.

Oi Mike. 2+2 can either equal 1 or 56 according to what the question is.
    If the question is about how many people died waiting for surgery then the answer is 1. If the question is how many people have now found fulltime employment (which means working 6 hours a week) then the answer is 3,897,645.
    So 2+2 cannot equal 4 according to a politician.....but they're committed
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I'll paraphrase - "If the LNPO has released some policy, it means they have to release all their policy." For the naysayers, given they haven't released their Fisheries policy, does that now mean that when they do, you will not believe them? Or does it mean that when they do, it's all too late and you hate them because they released it on their timing and not yours? Sorry, but they have a right to choose their timing. Fishieries has become a contentious issue, and one where good ideas are easily nicked.

And re the Carbon Tax and this bollocks Direct Action Policy - C'mon, think about it. If Tony Abbott came out and said "AGW (Anthropogenic Climate Change - sorry Scott) is bullshit and we don't need a policy on it," what would the likely outcome be? Ammo for Labor, ammo for Greens, ammo for the media. It would be a very bad idea for his career, and for the career of every other LNP pollie, State and Federal. I hate that the LNP has such a policy, but I understand the requirement to have one. To not have one would be to guarantee the loss of the next election, and possibly the one after that. I don't think the Country can afford the truth on that one, like it or not. I must stress that this is my opinion, because I can't get anything on this out of any of the buggers, except that "Direct Action is our Policy." Political reality; you folks can stamp your feet and complain as much as you like, but I suspect that those of us who get a grip on the realities of life instead of demanding the impossible sleep a little better at night!

EDIT: I'll add that I argued the same re policy release on Labor's behalf during the 2007 campaign - both parties have the right to release on their schedule. That's the reality, and tanties won't change it.

Tim
    and therein lies the problem that most of us have with the politicians these days Tim. They do things "their" way. Someone should remind the bloody lot of them who they work for..and that is us.

We also can choose our way on election day but they also seem to forget that also.

No one is cracking a "tantie", just stating how we see it.

I will give you a lesson on the so called realities of life..if someone wants a public office then perhaps that someone can answer what the public wants to know..a really simple thing that most of them have forgotten.

Finga Old Mate!! Great Spray!

KC

Tim
    Tim,
    And therein , lies the problem I have with politicians from ALL parties . The fact that they will not convey their true thoughts , for fear of alienating some portion off the voting public . I do not give a flying @@@k about their careers etc . I do care about their ability to run this country / state.
    Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn 66; 26-07-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Incorrect Spelling

I think the best way to shut up a politician would be to (as finger suggested) Ban the following words

"Committed"
    Future...also add. "Clean Energy Future"...."futcha" is likewise banned
    "Carbon" and "carbon pollution" (we would allow Carbon di-oxide)
    "Endevour"
    "People smugglers business model"
    "Moving forward"...yes, that old chestnut!
    "Working families"..cannot use word "hard" or "Orstalian" in association with the before banned buzz words
    "Let me tell you".....and then NOT, same for "Let me answer that"...and again NOT
    "Can I be frank/honest/clear"...and then NOT

Anyhow, that's my little list. Lets come up with a few more banned words and phrases and go viral =)

KC

Sorry Pinhead ,
    I just reread your post , I did not mean to copy your opening words.
    Shawn

Tim
    Timi it is not that we demand the policies be released right now but rather the fact that Mark has twice now said that the LNP has policies (one that ALP stole and another on a Federal issue) which is clearly not the case. They might be in the process of developing policy or he may have his ideas on where he wants the policy to go but the fact remains they DONT CURRENTLY HAVE A POLICY on the 2 issues Mark has posted on. He is blatently trying to mislead Ausfishers by doing this but it seems only one person is swallowing this tripe. Tanties wont change this fact either mate.

All this argument makes an independent look a whole lot better of a voting proposition doesn't it. Someone who hasn't picked a team to be on and truly represents their constituents. Bob Katter is the finest example I've seen so far, he might come across as a bit of a nutjob to most conservative city folk, but boy he can relate to the people that voted him in and he doesn't hold back in delivering their message to government. Australia needs about 20 independent mad buggers like him.

Or a party of "mad as hell buggers" like him...enter Katter's Australia Party =)

Got me!

KC

if you are looking for a real independant vote then have a look here http://www.ausparty.org.au/ go to one of their meetings and have a listen it was impressive to me
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT