Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Whats it matter if carbon tax drives up prices of everything fishing related. We cant fish now, most of our fishing grounds are green zones. With labour and the greens in power this is only going to get worse. It really doesn't matter to rec fishos anyway.

PS. I am on the verge of selling my boat now, because all my old grounds are now green zones, and I dont have the time to find new places. Also, to put the boat in an area that is not covered in green zones is about 40 mins away, and guess what, thats where everyone goes now.

I just dont give a shit anymore. Cant camp, cant fish, cant have a fire, cant drive my 4wd anywhere without paying a fortune, cost of doing everything is going up. I just ride my motorbike now (or did until it got stolen) but soon that will be illegal too because of nana blight. And to top it off, I have to pay $270 rego on a sailing boat that does not see any public owned ramps or roads and is about as envoronmentally friendly as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Thanks Lovey80. I would like nothing more than to have an election soon and to put out fishing policies in detail. But the Premier controls the timing of that. I simply ask for a little more patience and understanding. The problem with too much detail to osoon is that the govt swipes the best aspects, rebadges it and calls it theirs.
    So, Lovery80, I am still listening and taking on board ideas and feedback so that when we put final policy to the people it will come from genuine consultation and will be aimed at real solutions, not political fixes to stay in power. I hope you can wait a little while longer. Don't right us off yet
    Regards,
    Mark
    Mate, you should have been listening all the time to what people are wanting (not just on the issue of fishing) and have plans of your own.
    So when will policies be released? I have to admit I'm tired of waiting.
    Is 3 days before D-day appropriate time to release policies so there's no time to think things out like the other mob seem to do it just so the other mob cannot steal it?
    The sooner the electorates know the intentions of your party the sooner they can start making decisions on who they'll vote for now.
    People are p!ssed off now. You should be capitalising on that hatred by building confidences in your electorate. This can be done by saying....we will be doing this and we will be doing that instead of just saying...what a bunch of inept losers they are...when you offer no concrete alternatives.
    I'm sorry but the current opposition reminds of the followers of the tough kids at school. Those who poke their heads out when a fights about to go down and say...ya w@nker...we're gunna knock the tripe knocked out of you we are....and then run away when the business is on.

Sadly, the current Government (state and federal) remind me of the mob of kids at school who also followed the tough kids at school. But they're doing everything for the tough kids that they didn't want to do, or could do, themselves like standing in line at the tuckshop and doing homework in fear of getting the tripe knocked out of them.

What a mixed up world it is when a bunch of extremist greenies are the tough kids at school in my analogies.

Offer concrete alternatives and policies and we may think there's something to this current opposition.
    I'm thinking there's not.

Yeah....well said Andy. (as I pump my fist in the air) What is the point?
    I'm thinking seriously of becoming a drug crazed criminal (or even a plain criminal).
    At least I'll be treated a lot better then I am now.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

i agree finga, it's unfortunately just starting to sound like the LNP of the past, there's a lot of opposition and bagging out but no real policy or substance.

the lack of quality conservative opposition at both a state and federal level is kind of sad, i personally don't want to vote for the ALP but i also don't want to vote for a rabble either, so that leaves me with having to face a choice between voting for a major party that i may not necessarilly like, or an independent or minor party that could be unpredictable. last federal election i voted for wyatt roy and only god knows where the LNP has gone and hidden the little guy.

Therealandy....you forget it's always been that way....

If you start with a cage containing five monkeys and inside the cage, hang a banana on a string from the top and then you place a set of stairs under the banana, before long a monkey will go to the stairs and climb toward the banana.

As soon as he touches the stairs, you spray all the other monkeys with cold water. After a while another monkey makes an attempt with same result ... all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put the cold water away.

Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and attempts to climb the stairs. To his shock, all of the other monkeys beat the crap out of him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys, replacing it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment... with enthusiasm.

Then, replace a third original monkey with a new one, followed by a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs. Neither do they know why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

Finally, having replaced all of the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys will have ever been sprayed with cold water.
    Nevertheless, none of the monkeys will try to climb the stairway for the banana.

Why, you ask? Because in their minds... that is the way it has always been!

Above is our socially punitive civil law/s and environmental regulation doctrine all laid out bare.

There is no bottom, nowhere to go but further down as a society.

Thanks FNQ. I always wondered about how parliment works.
    However you missed the part about the oragutang who reached the banana and stood upon precipice spraying all below it with banana skins saying' you see what I do for you peasants' all the while with a Gorilla in speedos running around underneath waiting for the orangutang to slip on her own peel and come crashing to earth. Where upon the Gorilla will clamber to the top, beat his chest, scratch his arse and start eating the public banana as his predecesor once did.

Quote Originally Posted by fisho8 View Post
    Another interesting read once again. This Tax will by no means affect everyone which is now clearly obvious and I for one oppose it as it is a smoke screen for a hidden adjenda...To rape and pillage our wallets yet again. Bit like when Liberal leader John Howard promised that there would be NO GST if he was elected all those many years ago and low and behold all business became tax collectors as soon as he came to power with a 10% gst not a 15% like the one in NZ. Really and truly what the australian people are sick of is all the bullshit. Here we have a government who has clearly been under performing and an opposition that is just making us aware of it day in and day ouy and not really selling an alternative. The way I see it is that not matter what government we elect will will get screwed in some shape or form no matter what the issue. We trust these clowns with our money and all they do is waste it and then try and make febal excuses as to why things go wrong and they say they are acting in our best interests...pollies do not give a shit about us at all and think we are all idiots. You can only see that when the current PM was pulled up in a shopping centre by a 40-50 year old citizen and asked why she lied about the carbon tax the PM then started talking to this woman like she was a 5 year old. As far as I can see it this TAX will not pass and the Labour Government will be voted out in the next elections both State and Federal. Then we will go on the merry go round again and find out what surprises the alternative will have in store for us and how much of our money they will waste.
    Points taken. But at least John Howard went to the election with the GST. He got a mandate to do it from the people. Julia said 'NO CARBON TAX' and then broke her promise. My point still stands - if rec fishers don't stand up now to Gillard and Bligh, it will cost significantly more to fish. Our policy is NO CARBON TAX, so these increases to the cost to fish will not happen. It is as simple as that. And we are the only political force that can stop Labor's snapper bans (Labor will break their flimsy promise to not ban snapper once an election is over should they win). You have a chance and a stark choice - you can use it instead of bagging the LNP for standing up for rec fishers.... Up to you ????

My point still stands - if rec fishers don't stand up now to Gillard and Bligh, it will cost significantly more to fish. Our policy is NO CARBON TAX, so these increases to the cost to fish will not happen. It is as simple as that. And we are the only political force that can stop Labor's snapper bans (Labor will break their flimsy promise to not ban snapper once an election is over should they win). You have a chance and a stark choice - you can use it instead of bagging the LNP for standing up for rec fishers.... Up to you ????
    That's just it Mark. Where is it etched in stone that LNP will not have a carbon tax or a tax by a different name that'll do the same thing?
    To me there is nothing to change my mind that both camps are hopeless liers.
    My lifestyle has deteriorated significantly over the last 15 years. Both parties have been in power and they both have contributed to the deterioration of my lifestyle.
    I ask you to tell me how my life will improve under the leadership of the LNP. Set it in stone please.

At the moment we have to decide between one mob that'll do anything to appease the green element and one mob who will do....well we don't know what your mob will do as there are no policies set in stone. All LNP policies are wisps in the wind at the moment.

To be honest I've had a gut full of all politicians promising us the earth and giving us sh!t instead.
    Why can't politicians, or governments, tell the truth?
    What are the real unemployment levels? ie number of people working less then 38 hours per week and not the bullsh!t 6 hours a week or whatever the bullsh!t criteria is now
    What is the real CPI? And not the bullsh!t figure of 2.9% or what ever official bullsh!t figure it is now.
    What is the real cost of electricity, fuel and water and not the bullsh!t figure we're been charged every day of our lives?
    What are the real crime figures as it seems that crime is on a very steep rise and no end to it seems to be in site??
    Why is it I would be better off in goal then living the way I am?
    Why is my niece going to Uni not entitled to any government help (she lives about 120kms from home and has to work near a full time job to pay her rent) and if she said that if her dad beat her up or she's a drug addict she's got lots of financial help from the government?
    Why is it my parents, who have paid taxes all their lives, cannot get medical treatment in a reasonable period of time but a drug addict or dole bludger can seemingly get anything they want?
    Why is it the national highway is nothing but a goat track on international standards?
    I dare a politician to go for a drive with me from my home to my parents house. The journey is only 120 kilometres but takes near 3 hours. 46 km's of that journey is over an hour. And it's supposed to be a f%&ken highway.
    Why is it that a person on the dole can send their kids to childcare free (when they've got nothing else to do anyways...they don't work) and it's economically more feasible for my brother to have his lawyer wife stay at home and look after the kids??
    Imagine what she could be contributing to the tax coffers??

Both camps of Government have to get back to basics. That entails looking after the people who pay taxes and not catering to the scum of this great land.
    Fishing is a very minor priority for me.
    Been able to live a life without scrimping and saving to afford to live due to no other reason but continually bending over and copping (seemingly) nothing but bullsh!t from both camps of governments is my priority.
    Prove to me my life will be better with your mob in power Mark.
    Tell me what your mob is going to do for me Mark. Set it in stone.

A lot of people are probably thinking the same. What is your mob going to do to make my life better then it is now.
    That is the job of a Government. To make the lives of the people paying taxes easier and better.

Points taken. But at least John Howard went to the election with the GST. He got a mandate to do it from the people. Julia said 'NO CARBON TAX' and then broke her promise. My point still stands - if rec fishers don't stand up now to Gillard and Bligh, it will cost significantly more to fish. Our policy is NO CARBON TAX, so these increases to the cost to fish will not happen. It is as simple as that. And we are the only political force that can stop Labor's snapper bans (Labor will break their flimsy promise to not ban snapper once an election is over should they win). You have a chance and a stark choice - you can use it instead of bagging the LNP for standing up for rec fishers.... Up to you ????
    So your policy is 'No Carbon Tax' is that right? And here I was thinking you have previously stated you cant release any policies until Newman gives the go-ahead. Hmm familiar to your posts a couple of weeks ago declaring ALP had stolen LNP policies- except for the fact that there are none- well none you can release to the public yet. Are you letting the cat out of the bag here (Im sure Newman would have your balls for that) or just sprouting more shit that you think we want to hear?
    I mean for christ sakes Mark this is a federal issue so there is SFA you can do about it as a state polly and you know it.When you first started posting I though it was great you were engaging with fishos as few pollies did. It is now becoming more and more evident to me that you are no better than the rest of them and have just tried to suck in another stakeholder group by promising what you think we want to hear where really all you are doing is blatnet advertising of your party and slander of the incumbent (as accurate as it may be).
    I dare say in the past month or so many of these blokes (myself included) here that were swayed by your earlier posts are now seeing you for what you are and you are starting to do more harm than good.

1. Climate Change policy is a crock. But if you do not say you believe it, the press will pull you apart, so the LNP have to have a policy. Direct Action is a suck hole policy, but it is easier to untangle than this Behemoth JuliaR is bringing on. IF the LNP win Federally, they will pull apart Carbon Tax, and put in place Direct Action, which will then be shrunk/disappeared asap. JMO.

2. You cannot (in the real World) release policy too early. You just can't. Much as I'd like to see it, I'm not going to drag Mark over the coals for not releasing anything. It is a political reality, and kicking and screaming isn't going to change it. Just cope, people - we will get the chance to grill the LNP at the appropriate time, but it's clear we'll get no snippets until Anna chooses a time.

3. Mark is the ONLY politician who has had the foresight (or the balls?) to engage us here. For that he deserves a great deal of thanks.

4. Regardless of your political persuations, adding a broad based tax at a time when the Economy is groaning is just plain, unadulterated STUPIDITY. This is a Green Policy, not a Labor Policy. This doesn't help the Workers AT ALL. I cannot imagine how many ways this is just one of the dumbest policies I have ever seen from anyone.

5. Oakshott and Windsor are two very average minds.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Labor's solution, the carbon tax, will not do anything for the planet, but it will make you pay more to fish. Everything will go up - your tinnie, your beer, your rods, boat rego and a new tax will be introduced - a rec fishing licence to cover the increased cost for the govt to run its Fisheries dept.
    Hi Mark, I generally drink spirits instead of beer, will the carbon tax be applied to spirts as well? Also, you said our rods will go up, does that mean they will be charging a tax on the rods we already own? I have 5 rods, how much tax will I have to pay? what will happen if I only declare 2 or 3 rods in my shed?

Well what's the point in opening ones mouth if there is nothing solid to offer us or to back up the statement, or feeling, that Labor are nothing but a bunch of lying tossers Timi??
    What would somebody think of me if I said Fred Bloggs is a w@nker and offered nothing to back that statement up?
    They'd think I was the w@nker....not poor old Fred.
    Opening one's mouth for the sake of degrading someone, or a political party, for the sake of it is below most of us Timi. Why should we expect any less from a polly?
    My nana used to tell us...if you haven't got anything nice to say then shut your gob you silly little prat.
    I'll widen the parameters of her saying. If you haven't got anything nice or say, or a solid alternative, then shut your gob until you have got a solid alternative.
    Or there another way of putting it that's a bit more eloquent and a lot less words. Put up or shut up.

Saying they're going to do this and that means Jack Sh!t to me because every polly tells me they're going to do and that for me....and then don't.
    How many would agree to that?
    What has any politician done for me over the last 15 years that has improved my life....from any camp.
    Anyone know?? Mark?? Timi??

To have a direct action policy and win voters over on this issue then untangle it, isn't that just as deceitful as the ALP at the last federal election saying one thing then doing another ?.

Surely we the average punter should apply the same rules to both parties and accept no BS regardless of the party or the policy in question.

Me thinks the same standards should apply to both parties.

News Ltd would never tear the conservative parties apart.

I am with you Timi on this carbon BS but seriously we should not accept anything less than Abbott carrying through with whatever climate policy he goes to the election with, to change his mind puts him in the exact same boat as Gillard.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Mark & Tim..If, as you say, the policies cannot bereleased, then what are these? http://www.candoqld.com.au/policies

so why nothing about fishing in there...seems there are lots of other policies in there.

Just had a looksy at the climate change policy, they are going to oppose the carbon tax. That would be great if only there opposition to it actually meant anything. I think that would have to come under " can't do " anything about that one given its a federal issue.

Geez i hope its gets better for the sake of all you good folk in QLD.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Mark & Tim..If, as you say, the policies cannot bereleased, then what are these? http://www.candoqld.com.au/policies

so why nothing about fishing in there...seems there are lots of other policies in there.
    Thanks for that matey.
    I wonder why we we not asked to look at that earlier?
    They look like policies and even the web page is entitled policies. I wonder why Mark and Timi think they haven't released any policies?
    Maybe they're the policies that aren't really policies??

As a side note the term committed means Jack Poo to me.
    I can say I'm committed to become the world's premier bream catcher but it doesn't mean it's going to happen. Believe it or not, it probably won't happen. Just like most of the things LNP have committed themselves to in the pages Pinhead has given us the link to.

So what happens if CanDo doesn't.....win his electorate??