Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

you are in exalted company now Mark..be proud of it..I actually clicked on thanks for your reply..and, believe me, that is a rarity.

A lot has been said about the inability to reintroduce the fuel subsidy.
    I personally would like to see the price of fuel at a cost where it should be and forget about the subsidy.
    They have always told us the cost of fuel is dependent upon crude oil prices and that is the reason the price of fuel shot up to $1.50 or so when the crude oil price was about $150/barrel and the Aussie dollar was worth only about 86UScents.
    Fuel is now around the same price at the pump and what is the cost of a barrel of crude at the moment and where does the Australian dollar sit in comparison to the US green back??
    Why is the cost of fuel where it is today??
    If the price was fuel was fairdinkum we would be saving well in excess of the piddly 8 cents or what-ever the fuel subsidy was and families would be saving more then $220/annum because of reforms in electricity and water costs as mentioned by Mark.
    To me reforms usually means cost increases especially when it comes out the mouths of politicians...all politicians.

The commercial dump tax Greg has mentioned. If I recall that's about $35/tonne at the tip?? Can someone confirm or correct this??
    A commercial 1 cubic metre skip bin out here was about $35 or so. It's now near doubled in cost because of State Government. Where does the extra money go??
    A huge problem has popped it's ugly head up which that particular tax has directly caused.
    It might not be a problem in Brisbane BUT in many rural areas, like out here, Councils need to have smaller tips for residents because of distances. But because of this new waste tax tips need to have a weigh bridge for commercial waste. Here.....Council just closed the tips servicing the people in outlying areas and people now have to travel up to 40-60kms to legally dump their waste. Great hey??
    I can see a huge litter problem now.
    But it won't be the usual McDonalds and Hungry Crack litter. It'll be everything from cars to rolls of barbed wire to household rubbish that won't fit in the wheelybin.

They should put a surcharge on fast food packaging especially McDonalds and Hungry Cracks. That way they should have some money to clean all that sh!t up.

As a side note. What does freeze mean?
    Mark has said they'll freeze the cost of registration. Which rego costs would be frozen and for how long??
    The costs of all rego's have been frozen now for about 6 months.
    6 months is not a long time period BUT they haven't gone up have they?? That's classed as frozen isn't it??

I hate opened ended statements. I'd much rather see time frames and definites.
    Instead of we will freeze the cost of rego (means nothing as there is no indication as to what rego fees will be frozen and for how long) I'd rather see we will freeze the cost of all vehicle registrations for the period of our first term of tenure as a ruling Government in QLD.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

well Mark..I have finally decided who I am going to vote for at the upcoming State election. As i have said previously I was of 2 minds..either the useless ALP incumbent or the LNP bible bashing candidate. CanDo's annoucement today convinced me the bloke has no idea..cancelling the upgrade of Wardell and Samford Roads..how stupid is Newman. That intersection needed the upgrade 10 years ago and now he cans it..bye bye LNP..how dumb can they be? Who will I be voting for? No one..I honestly cannot bring myself to vote for either of the majors..neither of them has the faintest idea of what is required for the general populace. To both leaders all ican offer is the middle digit salute..both dolts.

Pimhead's gunna get a fine

But it's hard to know who the lesser of the idiots is isn't it .

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Pimhead's gunna get a fine

But it's hard to know who the lesser of the idiots is isn't it .
    no fine at all finga..the Electoral mob are useless also..I got a notice after the last federal election..saying i had not had my name crossed off the electoral roll at the polling booth and would be fined if i did not have a good reason. I did vote and watched the bloke cross my name off. I did not reply to their letter..about a month later..a similar letter from them..once again I did not reply..nothing more heard. They waste money sending 2 letters with the threat of a $20 fine..wow..big bloody deal.

hey PH, it's not the $20 you'll want to worry about if it turns into a warrant for not paying the $20

but i'm with ya, i find it so hard to vote for any of them when it seems both sides are fairly incompetent, but at least they're having a go i suppose.

A new world record for % donkey votes looms large.

I think my vote will be for whoever is representing the "Bob Katter" party.
    NO, not because I support the party (I think he is a loose cannon) BUT purely as a protest vote to the 2 major parties.

Maybe they will realise how far out of touch they are now days.

The labor party is a law unto themselves and the LNP is just a basket case. The only reason they are back on the radar is because a lot of people see "Cant do Campbell" as a likeable sort of fellow. The rest of the party is just a mess, just look at all of the infighting that has gone on for the last 10 years!
    They could have fallen over and still one the last election, but they were their own worst enemy!

Just look at Mr Mark "I am a top fishing bloke" LNP on here...... nothing but mud throwing. No real promises that mean anything (sounds like Mr Abbot). Oh yes, the LAB party is ripping you off by putting the rego up! But WE will freeze it at that higher price.... WTF???? no better than the others, I am sure the Labor party will feeze it for the next 12 months too.
    Mark hasnt been able to answer any of the hard questions on here, what is the bet the we never see him on here again until just before the next election??? (Yes the LNP WILL win the next election....)

Mark, tell us what the LNP is going to do that is BETTER than the current government.
    And DONT for one minute tell us how the LNP can handle the states finances any better...... lets take a look at what "Cant Do" did to the Brisbane City coucil finances with his F....king useless tunnels that no one uses!.... Oh, need I mention the Push Bike program? What was he thinking???

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    hey PH, it's not the $20 you'll want to worry about if it turns into a warrant for not paying the $20

but i'm with ya, i find it so hard to vote for any of them when it seems both sides are fairly incompetent, but at least they're having a go i suppose.
    Paddles, old mate..they can send as many warrants as they want..I don't care.

Let's be realistic..the prices of electricity, water, rates, dump fees..everything..either a new tax or an increase on current prices..where will it end..it is ludicrous..and what Party hass come out and said they will lower any or all of them..NONE..not the ALP, Not the LNP..not Katter.
    I won't be donkey voting..i won't be voting..perhaps they may all get the message when the number of non voters is huge.
    I have always taken my right to vote seriously..one of the true factors of a democratic country..but how can you vote when the quality of the major parties and the local candidates is not just poor..but absolutely pathetic.
    There is not one stateman amongst the entire mob of them..we need someone to stand up and say..WE WILL DO SUCH AND SUCH..and then do it..not beat around the bush with multi million dollar consultants thinking about it first..just do the bloody job.

Have a look at Qld Health ..pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thwen have a look also at the condition of roads etc in Brisbane.

Does either of these give an indication of the credentials of either person that wants to be Premier of Qld..I could do a better job but alas I would piss a lot of people off along the way,

following says a lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Fortunately we weren't affected by the floods, yet my insurance company has billed me an extra $1000. Can anyone tell me how this is fair? F*** the lot of the them and the government for allowing it to happen.

hey PH, i never took voting seriously and actually never was even on an electoral roll for about the first 12 years of becoming eligible to vote, then an electoral officer knocked on the door and wifey was home, she caved and now i'm on the roll and actually have swung the other way and take my vote as being both very valuable as well as entitling me to have an opinion. my late dad used to give me heaps about not voting and yet thinking i was entitled to have a political opinion and to be honest for a number of years i have thought the exact same as you in that i didn't believe either side deserved my vote.

as for fines turning into warrants, well good luck with that, they will have a tendency to catch up with people at the most inopportune moment, random breath test ......... licence check ......... please come with us sir ......... and all you wanted to do was go for dinner with the wife.

I've just realised something.

The Carbon tax wouldn't be such a worry if the rest of the crap we have to put up with (Pinhead has mentioned a few) with wasn't there and pricing of things (ie fuel) was justified and fair.

.....justified and fair.......

Now there is a comment that will never come up in a political debate about what the government is actually doing or going to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Tony abbott has made a clear commitment to repeal the carbon tax should he become Prime minister. And I agree with that position. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    That's only 1/2 of Abbott's commitment Mark, he promised to replace the Carbon Tax with his "Direct Action Policy". Do you agree with all of your Federal leader's possition, or just 1/2 of it?
    You may have missed the first two occaisions I asked you this question Mark, so I'll try a third time, thanks.