Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I can answer that finga..no..the State LNP cannot repeal the cardon tax.

The State LNP CAN re introduce the 8c/litre fuel subsidy..have not heard any mention about that,

The State LNP CAN alter electricity and water prices.

The State LNP CAN lower vehicle rego costs

The State LNP CAN get rid of a lot of the deadwood in the Public Service..esp Anna's old man.

The State LNP CAN get Qld Health organised

That is just the start..BUT..will they do these???

But WILL they do what they say they CAN do????

we know deep down Mrabbit wants nothing more than labor to introduce the Carbon Tax ...... & certainly the next leader (Turnbull) does - A unpopular tax will be introduced ..... Labor will be booted out! & then the Libs will say it is too hard / costly to remove - job done!

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I can answer that finga..no..the State LNP cannot repeal the cardon tax.

The State LNP CAN re introduce the 8c/litre fuel subsidy..have not heard any mention about that,

The State LNP CAN alter electricity and water prices.

The State LNP CAN lower vehicle rego costs

The State LNP CAN get rid of a lot of the deadwood in the Public Service..esp Anna's old man.

The State LNP CAN get Qld Health organised

That is just the start..BUT..will they do these???
    Your dead right there old mate.
    State LNP cannot get rid if a federal tax.
    Some great issues you've mentioned there.
    Some really important issues I might also add. I'd like to hear responses to address those issues.

Gazza has addressed the fuel subsidy query and LNP's point of view. It's dead and buried for good.
    CanDo says so in the link provided by Gazza
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Red face Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

IF the "Fuel Subsidy" statement by the head of the LNP is anything to go by
    ..... I'd say NO CAN DO

CAMPBELL Newman has withdrawn an LNP promise to reinstate Queensland's 8.3 cents-a-litre fuel subsidy.
    The LNP leader today insisted the dire state of the State Government's finances meant reintroducing the subsidy was no longer affordable.

"That's not coming back in because the state of this state's finances are so diabolical now," Mr Newman said.

Mark has been milking Federal issues for all they are worth since he got on here.

Surely not some on here are only waking up to this fact now ?.

State and federal issues are vastly different yet every state opposition of both persuasions will play on federal issues in the hope of pulling in some cheap votes, its a sad indictment on pollies to take the voting public for such a gullible lot.

You could count the number of state issues mark has raised on 1 hand.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Do you believe the LNP?
    Gillard also promised Australia there would be no carbon tax.
    Surprise, surprise, here it is.

In answer to several Q's I can say:
    The Federal LN/P will repeal the cardon tax and the State LNP opposes the carbon tax.
    The fuel subsidy was taken away by Labor after the 2009 election after promising not to do so before the election. The State LNP has made it clear that Qld is broke and no longer has the short-term prospects of re-instating the fuel subsidy.
    The State LNP plan to reform electricity and water will reduce the cost of living by more that $220 p.p. p.a
    The State LNP policy is to freeze the cost of vehicle rego on the family car
    The State LNP will insure Qld's Public Service doesn't continue to grow out-of-control, but will seek to boost front-line services - nurses, teachers, police etc.
    The State LNP will reform Qld Health into a more decentralised system that includes more local inputs

I dont believe for a second that the LNP will repeal the CT as I think it wil be too big a web to untangle without creating a hell of a lot of hurt. Nor do I believe they honestly think they can but they can promise it without too much fear of retribution when it prooves impossible.

As much as I would like an extra 8c a L off fuel I think it is economically responsible for it to remain off the table for the forseeable future.

Electricity and water- you PLAN to reduce or you WILL reduce? PLAN means jack shite.
    Freeze the cost of the family car. For how long? What is the family car- are V8s, vans, trailers, boats, trucks etc included? I imagine this will be made up in other areas- boats for example.

Hopefully still on topic....TA has committed to repeal of the carbon tax when we finally get an opportunity to turf this bunch of incompetents out - as much as I'd like to believe him I have to qualify that thought by reminding myself he is a politician so.....

He could just remove the $23 fixed price, go immediately to an open ETS without a floor and let the market do the job for him....the way these schemes are going elsewhere it wouldn't be long (without govt support to prop it up as in Europe) and it would disappear up it's own ar$e with a price close to zero.

Then he'll have to deal with this sort of elitist left leaning excess reported last week:

THE Department of Climate Change's new six-star energy rated building is 25 per cent more expensive than other Canberra accommodation - with a yearly rent of $6.4 million.

The department asked for $20.5 million to fit out the space, claiming its current accommodation in Constitution Ave was old and of "poor quality, dysfunctional and incapable of economical refurbishment to contemporary standards."

"The department ideally needs accommodation that effectively reflects its mandate as the lead agency for the development and implementation of the government's climate change framework, including the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions," the department told parliament.

Only my thoughts but I reckon either way everythings going to get a lot more expensive before there's any relief - if at all. These idiots keep forgetting the money has to come from somewhere - I've not noticed much this govt has done to create wealth for us the taxpayer, they've only dreamt up looney ways to spend it.

cheers Rob

which Govt will also get rid of this solar rebate..I am tired of spending money subisidising other people with my electricity bill.

Lightbulb Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    The Federal LN/P will repeal the carbon tax and the State LNP opposes the carbon tax.
    The fuel subsidy was taken away by Labor after the 2009 election after promising not to do so before the election. The State LNP has made it clear that Qld is broke and no longer has the short-term prospects of re-instating the fuel subsidy.
    The State LNP plan to reform electricity and water will reduce the cost of living by more that $220 p.p. p.a
    The State LNP will insure Qld's Public Service doesn't continue to grow out-of-control, but will seek to boost front-line services - nurses, teachers, police etc.
    The State LNP will reform Qld Health into a more decentralised system that includes more local inputs
    Sounds encouraging Mark....but you need to Ante up
    [never heard that nurses,teachers,police etc. line before ]

Please just ADD reduce Boat Regos by 50% , that you DID identify yourself , and have my 100% support.

Mark , this is a MINIMUM requirement of RecFisho progress , please step up to the mark for us.

ATM , LNP have only offerred a $2.50/wk each reduction in cost of living which includes both Water & Electricity -$220/YEAR ,
    - and be able too chuck a single-hook line , where we were previously able too @ zero $cost.
    - and NO RFL where we don't even have one "now" i.e. @ zero $cost

as i have said before
    (jmo) ....... "frozen" just means you agree with previous Guvt's decisions. e.g. no fuel subsidy.

OH..did I mention the dump tax?????

Thumbs up Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Shows as sewerage on my rates bill (local council)

p.s. I thought the Enviro-levy was to kill Greenies , so gladly pay double

The Federal LN/P will repeal the cardon tax and the State LNP opposes the carbon tax.
    Well done mark, glad to see some answers and policies, still no fishing yet though. Come on Mark get on with it, the LNP has 43 other policies on their web site but no rec fishing, you told us you and Campbell were working on it last March.

Tony abbott has made a clear commitment to repeal the carbon tax should he become Prime minister. And I agree with that position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    That's only 1/2 of Abbott's commitment Mark, he promised to replace the Carbon Tax with his "Direct Action Policy". Do you agree with all of your Federal leader's possition, or just 1/2 of it?
    You seemed to skip this question Mark, I'd like to know your position on it.