Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Has anyone come out and say..."we'll get rid of this carbon tax crap if we get into power" or words to that effect??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Yes, they have.

Whether it is possible or not is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    Yes, they have.

And thats the crux. Saying it and doing it- 2 different things. I imagine it will be a very tangled web to unweave once in so the excuse will go along the lines of' well we wanted to but it is now too complex and will cause un-necessary grief etc etc.' as if this wasnt obviously going to be the case in the first place. I reckon the LNP will go to the election promising this knowing that they wont be able to deliver. I hope Im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    Yes, they have.

It had better be possible lampuki - the promise to do so has been written in blood and will bring the coalition a landslide victory at the next election which can't come soon enough for me.

look .....NSW was previously ALP , now LNP

please Read it.... http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/5-million-...217-1ozid.html

Food 4 thought ?? , Sir Mark-LNP , please at least show US your Gonads regards RecFisho "promises" and lock-in Policy "that U WILL honour" ...or forever ummm & RRRR till the cows come home ??

p.s. that includes a 50% reduction in Boat Regos the QLD-ALP has ripped us off for as is "Spruked by your Goodself"

Timi , ... "if you choose to Accept this Mission ALSO" .......
    On RecFishos behalf,
    I THANK YOU (& so does many others)
    Gazza

Lol....not to sure what the dislike is about, but maybe i should have provided a reference:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226164561315

Question Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Tony Abbott won't be PM ever , his "Pledge of Blood" will be on the Partyroom floor
    jmo

The carbon tax is a federal tax and Tony abbott has committed to repealing it should he become the govt.
    The LNP in Qld has also opposed the carbon tax and will support Tony Abbott's repeal - though no legislation has to be changed in Qld at a state level because it is a federal tax.
    So, both fed and state LN/P are against it.

They might be against the tax Mark, but do they not still believe in climate change ?. The must do they have a policy for it.

We have both major parties with a policy to address a myth.

I would think the Monk would be better off walking away from direct action now than later and spending the monies on other services rather than throw it at polluting businesses.

To sell direct action to the electorate prior to an election then walk away from it post election, well wouldn't that be like that other thread should governments who walk away from election promises ever be returned. HMMMMMM let me see.

Anyways back to the thread title i guess there are many ways for a state or federal govt to make fishing unaffordable for the rec fisher.

Are you giving some sort of assurance that your govt will not introduce any increases whatsoever at a state level that reduces the disposable income of rec fishers to pursue there passion for wetting a line.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    The carbon tax is a federal tax and Tony abbott has committed to repealing it should he become the govt.
    Forget about the committed crap as that means absolutely Jack Poo to me and probably many others.
    Can he and will he repeal 'carbon tax'??
    YES or NO are the only answers necessary.

So is it Tony Abbott who has committed in repealing the 'Carbon Tax' or is it the LNP as a political party regardless of who the leader is?

All the mumbo and escape clauses should be well and truly sorted well before a promise (not this commitment mumbo jumbo) is made in saying your going to get rid of Carbon tax.
    And I mean get rid of it and not just changing it's name.

People are sick and tired of the semantic games politicians play.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Forget about the committed crap as that means absolutely Jack Poo to me and probably many others.
    Can he and will he repeal 'carbon tax'??
    YES or NO are the only answers necessary.

So is it Tony Abbott who has committed in repealing the 'Carbon Tax' or is it the LNP as a political party regardless of who the leader is?

All the mumbo and escape clauses should be well and truly sorted well before a promise (not this commitment mumbo jumbo) is made in saying your going to get rid of Carbon tax.
    And I mean get rid of it and not just changing it's name.

People are sick and tired of the semantic games politicians play.
    Mr Rabbit would love nothing more than labor bringing in the carbon tax ........ he might oppose it - but he'll also say it is to difficult to remove once they get in.
    Labor strongly opposed the GST ...... but we still have it today

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Tony abbott has made a clear commitment to repeal the carbon tax should he become Prime minister. And I agree with that position. If he does not become Prime minister at the next election, then it will stay. I do believe it will not be easy to roll back but Tony Abbott is aware of that too and still made the commitment. Best I can do gents on that topic. You will have to make your own judgment about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Tony abbott has made a clear commitment to repeal the carbon tax should he become Prime minister. And I agree with that position.
    That's only 1/2 of Abbott's commitment Mark, he promised to replace the Carbon Tax with his "Direct Action Policy". Do you agree with all of your Federal leader's possition, or just 1/2 of it?

I repeat...commit or commitment or committed to means absolutely Jack Sh!t to me and probably many others.

Monk boy (in the Australian article) says the tax will go. A pledge in blood .
    Mark says Monk Boy says they're committed.
    Why don't Mark's mob continue to use the pledge in blood line?? Have they changed their mind?
    Was the Oath a spur of the moment comment?

Why can't Monk boy come out and continually say....we will get rid of the carbon tax and not bring in anything that resembles it.
    Until he can say that I, and a lot of others, will not believe a word of it.

What exactly does pledge in blood mean?? That's mentioned in the Australian article that a link has been placed above.

He should know by now if he can get rid of the carbon tax or anything that resembles it.
    Committed simply means either they don't know if they can get rid of it or not, or, he's thinking...we'll just tell them that we're committed to get rid of the carbon tax so they vote for us. The simpleton's will fall for that won't they?? (we hope they'll fall for that).
    Even when a politician says....we will not do this....does it. Carbon tax is a prime example of this.
    So when a politician says we're committed it means less then didly squat to me.
    How many others think the same?.

A direct question that needs a yes or no answer Mark.
    Can the carbon tax or any tax that resembles the carbon tax by repelled by your mob??
    No committed or committed to need appear in the answer please.

I can answer that finga..no..the State LNP cannot repeal the cardon tax.

The State LNP CAN re introduce the 8c/litre fuel subsidy..have not heard any mention about that,

The State LNP CAN alter electricity and water prices.

The State LNP CAN lower vehicle rego costs

The State LNP CAN get rid of a lot of the deadwood in the Public Service..esp Anna's old man.

The State LNP CAN get Qld Health organised

That is just the start..BUT..will they do these???