Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Thanks mark for the response.

Looking forward to futher info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Iampuki. Rec fishers will have a clear choice when the next election is called.
    1. Support for the Labor-Green alliance and return the Bligh government - who will continue to strip them of their right to fish.
    2. Support independents/minor parties - who will never form government and may result in Bligh being re-elected, or a hung parliament like the current failed federal experiment
    3. Support the Can Do team who will balance the rights of rec fishers to fish with sustainable fisheries management. We do not support Labor-Green's approach of more snapper bans, closures; nor Labor's plan for a rec fishing licence
    We will have more to say during the election
    Regards,
    Mark
    Can you qualify these please Mark, maybe with a link or some proof?
    Even though a % on this site favour a rec licence I think it would win you much support from anglers if you could back up those 2 statements and show they arn't LNP spin.

Hi Mark,
    good to meet you today ( Maryborough - Ann and Lloyd). Thought i would post up so we can connect the dots. Let me know if there is anything i can do up this way.
    Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    Hi Mark,
    good to meet you today ( Maryborough - Ann and Lloyd
    Hey matt. It was good to meet you too. Keep doing what you are. At burrum heads saw a nice whiting caught - was tempted to have a go myself.
    Mark

Mark Robinson MP said "Labor's plan for a rec fishing licence"

I'm handing you an opportunity here to win over more voters Mark, an explanation?
    I see you've visited this page since I asked if your statement could be backed up, anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Mark Robinson MP said "Labor's plan for a rec fishing licence"

I'm handing you an opportunity here to win over more voters Mark, an explanation?
    I see you've visited this page since I asked if your statement could be backed up, anything at all?
    I'll try that one - I know Mark is busy - yesterday he went out on the Big Cat Charter, too. Wow, he really fishes...

I thought it was clear. Labor introduced the idea and pushed it as part of options 1 and 2 under Rocky Reef. They only withdrew the idea after the backlash. It was not put forward by the Reps on the panel, so if it wasn't Labor's plan, who's was it?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Mark..a quick question..you planning on defecting to Katter's mob if elected for the LNP at the next election?

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I'll try that one - I know Mark is busy - yesterday he went out on the Big Cat Charter, too. Wow, he really fishes...

I thought it was clear. Labor introduced the idea and pushed it as part of options 1 and 2 under Rocky Reef. They only withdrew the idea after the backlash. It was not put forward by the Reps on the panel, so if it wasn't Labor's plan, who's was it?

Cheers,

Tim
    No thanks Tim, I'll wait for Mark, he's managed 4 posts on Ausfish (inc 1 on this page) after I politely asked could he back up his statement, but if he's busy atm I'll wait to hear it from him. After all he's the one who said there are "ALP plans for a Rec Fishing Licence" (and we've all spoken about them enough on this site and we all know the NSW Rec Fishing Licence well enough now to know exactly what a Rec Fishing Licence is, and it aint the smoke screen manure your pushing Tim). Besides, if some one is going to have a swing like that one I'd like it explained by the axe and not the block if you don't mind. Anyway if it's not more spin or an exaggeration he'll probably win the LNP more support.

Cheers

Mike

Just did- Interestingly the for and against is neck a neck (47% a piece with 6% not understanding it). Still 2 days to go but perhaps the opposition to the tax isnt as one sided as first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Just did- Interestingly the for and against is neck a neck (47% a piece with 6% not understanding it). Still 2 days to go but perhaps the opposition to the tax isnt as one sided as first thought.
    Perhaps on this one poll, but if you look at all the indicators pre (no carbon tax) promise and the votes she received after the promise at the election and then look at the current record low polling, that is the real indicator.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Thats what makes these results interesting. The low polling of this government can only partially be attributed to the CT- they are on the nose for a number of other reaons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    The real problem is that many (on both sides) more than 6% don't actually understand it. What is the key assumption on which it is based? Anyone? OK. The key assumption is that there will be a robust International Market in place which will make the cost of emitting the same in all Countries.

Only the most mindless of ideologues could think that there is a snowball's chance in hell of that market coming to pass in the next 10 years, and probably not while my arse still points at the ground. Which means that we really ARE going it alone, that our Businesses really WILL become less competitive, and that our once great Country really IS f%$(ked. Many thanks to all the Voters out there who actually were dumb enough to believe her.

Tim

mate your just looking for excuses the price of electricity will and has already gone up and will continue to do so regardless of the carbon tax

Quote Originally Posted by plecco View Post
    mate your just looking for excuses the price of electricity will and has already gone up and will continue to do so regardless of the carbon tax
    Excuses for what? Electricity has gone up because of the global demand for coal pushing the price of electricity up. Adding more pressure to one of the key drivers of the economy is plain dumb.

Timi, mate even if there were to be a "robust international market" in place before we did this, it would not reduce world wide carbon emissions one bit. The only people this tax will help is malcom turnbull's buddies at Goldman sachs.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.