Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    In any case, this not so subtle "It was them and so it means nothing" is meaningless.
    I didn't necessarily mean that Timi. You are one person who feels that independent science is necessary. My point was that the Heartland Institute is not an independent research organisation. That's all. Independence is required from both sides of the argument. Where was the paper published?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Campbell View Post
    I didn't necessarily mean that Timi. You are one person who feels that independent science is necessary. My point was that the Heartland Institute is not an independent research organisation. That's all. Independence is required from both sides of the argument. Where was the paper published?
    Yeah that's cool - I'm just so tuned to ad hominem comments, please accept my apology!

The paper was published in the Journal Remote Sensing by the University of Alabama.

The Press Release was dumb though. Carrying on about Alarmists the way it did, I really don't think is necessary. I'd rather keep that sort of wanky emotional crap to one side of the debate, the ones who call me a "Denier" and wet their beds.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Here is just a little of why the alarmist movements science here has low (like a snakes belly) credibility.

http://www.au.agwscam.com/pdf/Garth%...0consensus.pdf

and just for interest,

remember the warmist schizophrenia surrounding polar bears around half a decade ago?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tegrity-probe/

LOL!

What I find interesting is that pretty much most people now realise that Global Warming is a con.

Yet all around the world the politicians are still going against main stream opinion and bringing all this Anti-Global Warming legislation in.

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    What I find interesting is that pretty much most people now realise that Global Warming is a con.

Yet all around the world the politicians are still going against main stream opinion and bringing all this Anti-Global Warming legislation in.

Louis
    $$$ to be made, lots of $$$. Simple as that
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    I'd say it's more political debate than advertising. Any sitting member from the Labour Party (anywhere) care to reply?

What I'd like to know as a matter of interest is how the carbon tax is going to affect the costs of manufacturing in plate alloy in Australia? Considering the amount of electricity used in the welding process, together with other added expenditure increases, will this be another industry that moves offshore to reduce costs?

Cheers,
    Jim, the cost of producing anything that relies on electricity will cost more from July 2012. The cost of buying local fish will go up too because refridgeration will cost more too. The cost of everything to do with fishing will be driven up. The govt has not been honest about this. mark

And direct action is the go i suppose. ?. Ask the Monk to have the courage to come out prior to the election and dump his policy of lets throw wad loads of cash at industry. He has my vote if he is brave enough to can the policy and better spend those monies.

No moral high ground for either party on this subject, they are both full of shite Mark.

The govt has not been honest that's for sure but neither is the conservative side of politics.Who needs a policy for something that's crap.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    And direct action is the go i suppose. ?. Ask the Monk to have the courage to come out prior to the election and dump his policy of lets throw wad loads of cash at industry. He has my vote if he is brave enough to can the policy and better spend those monies.

No moral high ground for either party on this subject, they are both full of shite Mark.

The govt has not been honest that's for sure but neither is the conservative side of politics.Who needs a policy for something that's crap.
    Hi Steeler,
    My point is that only the LNP will keep the cost of fishing low. Bligh won't because she supports the carbon tax that will hit rec fishers with bigger bills. And Katter can't deliver anything for fishers as an independent or small minor party. Only the LNP will stand up for rec fishers and deliver. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post

Don't worry Steeler, some one who told us he was "close to the inner workings of the Liberal National Party" posted here a while ago stating that Abbott's Direction Policy is just there until after the election, because it's political suicide fot a party to go to an election without a Climate Change Policy. Anyway, how can kicking Bligh out avoid the Carbon Tax, will a State LNP Government be seceding from the Commonwealth? I don't think so.

And Mark, if Katter's Party holds the balance after the election (chances are getting better every day) they will be able to do more for anglers than the LNP or ALP would dream of doing. The best I can get out of the LNP is "we'll look at things when we get in", And we all know what your mob did to the West Aussie anglers after they gained power. Fishermen over there still have to use a blow-up doughnut pillow whenever they sit down .

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Hi Steeler,
    My point is that only the LNP will keep the cost of fishing low. Bligh won't because she supports the carbon tax that will hit rec fishers with bigger bills. And Katter can't deliver anything for fishers as an independent or small minor party. Only the LNP will stand up for rec fishers and deliver. Mark
    Mark..will the LNP lower the price of electricity and water? And..by how much..electricity will now be at 20 something cents per kwh...what would you blokes be aiming to have it sold at ?

Mark

Do you support the notion of throwing endless amounts of tax payers money at industry all in the name of climate change ?.

I distinctly remember that higher authority MD, so after the next fed election we will have Juliar in opposition and Tonyliar as PM.

And pollies wonder why the electorate has had a gut full of them.

You make an interesting point re electricity PH, prior to the state election down here bumbling Barry kept banging on about electricity and water prices and now that he is in the hot seat albeit with Nick Griener really pulling the strings both are on the up and up.

There is a lesson for Queenslanders to learn from down here and that is don't vote for the alternative without truly scrutinizing there policies, don't give a free ride to a bunch of dopes make them earn it regardless of the party.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

stop avoiding the questions mark... im a lib supporter but there is nothing worse than hearing someone bag something and doesnt voice there own ways of helping the people who will vote them in. im a plumber, normally a little more costly than others, but i have that many people tell me that i got the job because the other guy bagged out other brands and companies (even tho they were cheaper). point is dont just expect everyone to vote for you just because labour are going downhill. you need a sale pitch for yourself.
    aaron.

The point being made is that everything will be more expensive with a carbon tax, than without one. And it’s a valid point! The extent of this increase....well that's the interesting point. The government would have us believe that we won’t even notice the price rise - then again, we weren’t supposed to even have this tax. How could any Australian believe a word this government utters.....it’s like they are suffering from battered wife syndrome.This is one of the greatest betrayals of the Australian people! How Labor is still polling at %30 is beyond me - a worrying sign for the coalition IMO. Yes, they are record low polling figures, but they should be worse, Labor is FN woeful!!!

The Australian public has always been cynical of our politicians, however this current government has taken this cynicism to a new level. It's one of the all-time worst governments....federally....and at a state level, well...mmmmmm

When Richo is sticking the knife in, you know things are really bad...who the hell are these 30% of people? and why

Anyhow...

Mark Robinson, I commend you for coming onto to Ausfish! That's ballsy enough....but if you could say, these are the goals we want to achieve whilst in power, you would gain a lot of respect and votes IMO.

The points that Aaron/Steeler/PH raise are valid though. Don’t just coast into power, clearly state what your policies are in relation to rec fishos (im limiting to this as we are on a fishing forum), and win by a clear majority with a mandate to implement those policies.
    Don’t be lazy. Jesus, just don’t categorically rule something out, and then do a major backflip during your term and you will still be doing better than the current mob!!!!!

Commit to the arti program being pushed by Phil for example.

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    Don’t be lazy. Jesus, just don’t categorically rule something out, and then do a major backflip during your term and you will still be doing better than the current mob!!!!!

Commit to the arti program being pushed by Phil for example.
    Iampuki. Rec fishers will have a clear choice when the next election is called.
    1. Support for the Labor-Green alliance and return the Bligh government - who will continue to strip them of their right to fish.
    2. Support independents/minor parties - who will never form government and may result in Bligh being re-elected, or a hung parliament like the current failed federal experiment
    3. Support the Can Do team who will balance the rights of rec fishers to fish with sustainable fisheries management. We do not support Labor-Green's approach of more snapper bans, closures; nor Labor's plan for a rec fishing licence
    We will have more to say during the election
    Regards,
    Mark