Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: leatherjackets 2011

Re: leatherjackets 2011

yep, sea is huge today down my way, looks like a bit of Blackfishing in the harbour for me this weekend. The sea is breaking right across shellharbour entrance this morning, great for Blackfish though.

Onerabbit, Don't forget little ol' me over in Lismore. If you've got a spare space on the boat let me know, or even if you've got a few spare jackets to throw my way!

lol matty i was just about to post the same thing im in alstonville available most days

Haven't forgotten you guys, dont worry.....I have been to sea ONCE this year,
    I guess thats what you get for pro-creating........so be careful.

I WILL be looking for able bodies very soon however,

when the weather allows, I like to take as much as 4 ppl on jacket runs,
    just so we can take the maximum catch limit...

Anyone who might take objection to that statement has never seen the numbers that these things arrive in, and it really needs to be seen to be believed.
    This is the one time when I think that bag limits need not apply.

Im sort of glad my boat is still laying on her guts in my front yard (on tyres),
    we wouldnt be going this weekend anyway,
    but, the trailer is fixed and had a new coat of paint,
    look out jackets........we'll be there soon.

Muzz

I maybe by myself, depending on when I head up so there is a spare spot on my boat, as Muzz says if just jackets could squeeze in a second deckie for a skinning

cheers Murf

Muzz and Murf,

I reckon the leathers will be ready and waiting for us to relieve their jackets very soon.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Bondy...hate to say it mate but the seas are huge this morning wont be any fishing across the bar for a little bit
    Stonecold, when its settled. I'm not into Russian Roulette

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Stonecold, when its settled. I'm not into Russian Roulette
    sat down at the beach launch at Arrawarra today for an hour watching the swells roll through, awesome power in them

cheers Murf

If i think of it I will take a couple of pictures of my ramp tomorrow and post them, the swell is BIG! even by NSW standards, so anyone who has a bar to cross, think about it, and stay home!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    If i think of it I will take a couple of pictures of my ramp tomorrow and post them, the swell is BIG! even by NSW standards, so anyone who has a bar to cross, think about it, and stay home!
    good point noel but i would go one further and say DONT even think about it just stay home

Yep, I agree.

Lot of force / energy in moving water, especially rolling ones that are about to swamp and dump

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    yep, sea is huge today down my way, looks like a bit of Blackfishing in the harbour for me this weekend. The sea is breaking right across shellharbour entrance this morning, great for Blackfish though.

Noelm,

I'm after a feed of blackfish, been close to 5 years since I caught 3. Place I normally go to is no more due to roadworks at border of NSW and Queensland.

If you have too many send some my way

Peter

hey Muzz a happy 1st Birthday for your young fella Ty

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Noelm,

I'm after a feed of blackfish, been close to 5 years since I caught 3. Place I normally go to is no more due to roadworks at border of NSW and Queensland.Peter

If you have too many send some my way
    when the sea is huge (like now) we get heaps in the Harbour, no need to look for weed, we just use cunji that has been washed up, a 1/0 hook and thats it, stand on the jetty and catch the buggers, also Bream and Mullet are lurking about keeping out of the waves, easy fishing, just windy and wet, and you get to have a good look at the swell pounding the coast, the water is like chocolate milk.

just back to the mongrel jackets, just after this sea has died off, it will be common to walk along the beach and find a bout a dozen near dead Jackets floundering on the edge of the water, they must get pulverised against the rocks or something and get washed up on the beach, hardly ever see any other species, just Leather Jackets, anyone else seen this?