Thread: Mondy Barra Trophy Kayak Tournament

Mondy Barra Trophy Kayak Tournament

Just a heads to Yakkers about a Barra Kayak Tournament on Mondy in October.

Its a lure and fly only, trolling or casting, teams event (two yakkers in tandem or seperate kayaks) Catch, Photograph, Release format.

Three sessions - Sat 1 October, morning and afternoon sessions, Sunday 2nd October, morning session, followed by presentation at 2pm.

For all details and entry forms go to australianbarra.com.au or follow this link
    http://www.australianbarra.com.au/mo...article&sid=67

It is run at the same time as the Barra Trophy Tournament, but yakkers will be restricted to the main basin and Bird Bay, boaters will be excluded from these areas.

Any questions welcomed.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Mondy Barra Trophy Kayak Tournament

oh why did u have to show me that. Now i have upgrade to a pro angler.

what is this stocked impoundment lisence taht it mentions?

I presume Hobie or similar pedal power is aloud.

Is this there 1st barra yak tornament how amny people are they expecting

Quote Originally Posted by gros21 View Post
    oh why did u have to show me that. Now i have upgrade to a pro angler.

what is this stocked impoundment lisence taht it mentions?

I presume Hobie or similar pedal power is aloud.

Is this there 1st barra yak tornament how amny people are they expecting
    SIP, Stocked Impoundment Permit is required on the majority of QLD stocked Impoundments, including Mondy, available at the dam or from dpi http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_3034.htm

Kayaks can be paddle or peddle power, all there in the rules, links are on the page I posted above.

As it is the first event of its kind, I'm not sure how many Yakkers we can expect. We had 18 boating teams in the first Mondy Barra Trophy last year.

Cheers,

Matt

Exelent I'll be there yea I read the rules regarding no electric or sail power. Just making sure.

What are the prizes?
    While u are going mat care to give me any gps marks

Have u put this on kfdu or akff?

There will be prizes on offer from the Daiwa stable, Berkley, Pflueger, Nitro, Halco and others. There will also be cash prizes, which will grow in direct proportion to the number of teams entered.

I'm not a Yakker myself, so I'm not on the other forums, I'd appreciate any help in spreading the word in the right circles.

I'm sure there would be a few on there that would be keen.

Cheers,

Matt

Photographing a big Barra on a brag mat in a kayak... sounds like fun!!!!, good luck guys hope it goes well

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

will do i shall spread the word

Thanks for that, the more the merrier, hopefully the barra will fire up a bit by then.

Benny, yeah it should be interesting, teams can either raft up to measure and photograph their fish, or lip grip them and tow them to a bank to get the job done.

Yakkers are a pretty resourceful bunch,

Cheers,

Matt

Matt, Have noted on the East Coast Kayak Fishing Club web site. Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Hi Matt
    Will this be a annual event or a one off? Just bought a pro angler and keen to hear about a few comps I could enter next year

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Matt, Have noted on the East Coast Kayak Fishing Club web site. Cheers, Pete
    Thanks Pete, much appreciated

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by setthehook View Post
    Hi Matt
    Will this be a annual event or a one off? Just bought a pro angler and keen to hear about a few comps I could enter next year
    G'day Rob, haven't seen you around for a while.

I dare say it will become a regular annual event, run side by side with the Boaters barra trophy. It is getting quite a following from yakkers on their sites.

In the future I also aim to run a Yak event at Awoonga, from the Boynedale bush camp (maybe 2012?)

Cheers,

Matt

thanks Matt!
    Been down south for a year and and a bit and not fishing a great deal....
    Thanks for the info and keep us informed as im very keen to enter a few events!
    Cheers Rob