Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat leaning

Boat leaning

I just bought a 460 side console. Love the boat and motor but when by myself, boat leans a bit on my driving side. What is best way to solve this. I googled it and I saw mechanical trim tabs that work on spring loaded.
    Anyone any thoughts

Cheers

Re: Boat leaning

less doughnuts?

move your load in your boat to compensate.
    If you're mostly in it alone, you can look at moving permanently mounted stuff like your battery, fuel tank, anchors etc, if not, then load esky, water bottle, fishing gear etc on other side of boat to your console. If still not enough, get a 20 litre drum and fill it with water.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by astro66 View Post
    less doughnuts?
    Baahahahahaa....classic

I have a side console and when running solo I tend to move my gear to one side, sit on the left edge of my seat or if its calm stand. The problem becomes the boat listing when at rest and you want to move around.

I just thought set of trim tabs. Non electric, just spring loaded ones. They appear to be ok. Just save moving everything around

Side consoles suck and for this reason I will never buy another one. Tiller is what I have now, that or centre console
    Cheers

Steven

Save up and get proper trim tabs. Beneficial in more than one way

Ausfish Platinum Member

Could you really justify the cost of electric tabs on a little 460? Not arguing, just asking, they are pretty expensive items???

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Could you really justify the cost of electric tabs on a little 460? Not arguing, just asking, they are pretty expensive items???
    No more expensive than half a Minn Kota or a decent sounder GPS. Guess it's a personal thing and depends just how much you hate driving on a lean or the nose flapping around banging in a bit of chop.

http://www.chsmith.com.au/Products/L...-Tab-Kits.html

Get a large deckie. Works for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Get a large deckie. Works for me.
    lol...Shano likes this

Yeah scottar, electric is way to go. Whats $900 when boat package was $29500 with 9 inch lowrance sounder. Brand new. The self rising tabs are $269

Does it lean under way? I had a 455 quince side console and all I did was put the esky on that side when under way and then push it to the other side when fishing. i also now have a cruise craft side console now and have the batteries permanently on the other side. When i am not on the plane I notice however once under way I hardly notice,but I am a light weight 70kg. Hardly worth putting tabs of any sort on.

Weight distribution !!!!
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Dress to the left
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)