Thread: Stolen Fishing Gear 18 June 2011 - Gold Coast

Stolen Fishing Gear 18 June 2011 - Gold Coast

We have had the following gear stolen out of my locked up plate boat recently whilst on its trailer on our boat ramp in the backyard of our Memaid Waters canal home. Just letting everyone know that at the moment the Gold Coast waterways are lousy with scumbags who are doing this sort of thing on a regular basis. Do not leave anything in your boat, and install an alarm even if you sleep 10 meters away from it as we do. The mongrels are watching out there as I had only loaded up the boat ready for fishing, and they came and busted open a substantial aluminium hatch and decent lock to get into the cab.

Reels[*]Shimano Stella 20000 Reel[*]Shinano Stella 10000 Reel[*]Shimano Stella 8000 Reel[*]Saltiga Dogfighter 6500[*]Shimano Tiagra 20[*]Shimano Tiagra 30LRSA[*]Shimano Torsa 30[*]Shimano TLD 20[*]Shinmano TLD50

RODS[*]Shimano Jigwrex Rod 5103 spin[*]G HOWARD JIGFIGHTER 30/80 [*]CALSTAR 15KG STROKER [*]CALSTAR 24KG STROKER[*]Shimano Jigwrex 508 Spin[*]Shimano Blue Rose PE3-5[*]Shimano Blue Rose Full Genre[*]Shimano T Curve Standup 37KG[*]Ocean Xtreme Jigging Rod 80-100lb

Naturally all of the braid on the reels went as well as the covers, tackle trays, leader, lures and also the Furuno 585 Depth Sounder. Bloke next door lost his GPS and other gear out of his boat whilst on its pontoon, and another bloke 2 houses round was brioken into but nothing taken. They approached from the Canal side, (sand everywhere through all the boats, over the pontoons and walkways).

Anyone who sees anyone with a grouping of this type of gear let me know, its all about 2-3 years old max. I know all of the rods and reels and their individual markings, and have photos of them to identify.

Its put me and the mates fishing trips on hold for awhile why we recover the loss of the gear. Only arseholes do this sort of thing, they wouldn't not be tru-blu fishermen, probably some junkies looking for their next hit.

Re: Stolen Fishing Gear 18 June 2011 - Gold Coast

Arseholes is being far to nice. They are F######G SCUMBAGS who’s only good use would be crab bait. Hope your insurance covers it, but can be as bad as the scumbags to stole the gear in the first place.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

mate wot goes around comes around... you have lost some good gear which is sad..... I hope you had it insured.

sorry to hear mate i used to live on the canals but never had anything stolen but in saying that never left anything outside the house.

I hope your Insurance policy covers it mate, there's some quality gear gone there. I hope the whallopers get the thieving little toe rags and boot them square up the arse.
    "My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it"

Pr#ks!!

I remember the days when i lived on a canal and would leave my tinny tied up in water all day & night with the motor and fuel tank with fuel in it with the kill switch connected.

Those days have definably passed.

Finger crossed the gear turns up somewhere mate

Cheers
    Blake
    "You ever hear this expression? The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work. Uh, I'll call B.S. I've watched the deadliest catch on Discovery. I've never once been at work, capsized in a 40 degree water, watched all my co-workers die, and be like, "Hey, at least we're fuc#ing fishing"

keep ane eye on ebay in a few months time
    i see a local pawn broker here had a few tld 25 on there the other day for sure and certain you know they just got to be stolen who else would sell a reel to a pawn broker when if they fish they know if they advertise they will get good dollars for it, take it to pawn broker get 30-40 dollars and just do not make payments thats what the scumbags do so i would be making a few enquiries

shane