Thread: Land-based flathead fishing on Gold Coast

Land-based flathead fishing on Gold Coast

I'm sure there have probably been numerous posts on this topic but I've struggled to find any.
    I'm keen to have a crack at catching flathead on plastics around the coast but am not real sure where to start.
    I live in Robina and guess there are probably spots around the spit and Broadwater and local creeks.
    Can anyone give me a few tips on the best places for flatties without a boat.

Re: Land-based flathead fishing on Gold Coast

Im in the same situation as you marzoe although i have found the small little beach at the bottom of north street to provide a few flatty on the last few hours of run out and the few hours of run in but has been very slow fishing there lately

I would suss out a Yabbie bank, Cant really fail flicking over the banks for flatties.

try the bank off runaway bay av... use to produce a few for me... but it's been a while since i've been there and try pipe near marine parade in labradore... look it up on google maps.

there are many pipes there mate could you be a little more specific

cheers grant

Go down Tallebudgerra Dr at Palm Beach all the way to the end,this get you to the highway bridge,at the last of the runout tide you can walk the sand flats and throw some plastics on the yabbie banks there.Pick a spot where the shallow water runs off into deeper water,the Flatty will be laying there on the edge.

Cheers