Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: User Names

Re: How did you get your on-line name?

Kept trying different names but they were all taken, in frustration I looked around for some ideas and there was a box of "Crunchy Nut Cornflakes" on my desk.....just happened that name was sill available. Would have liked something a bit cooler like some of the other blokes "Perlie basher" "Cod king" "Pike man" or something but hey stuck with it now.

Mine is because this area around here (within 100 klms radius) is well known as Murray Cod (Goodoo) area. And there are some really big ones in the rivers and dams around here, especially the dams.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Hi
    As Phil said there is another thread on how everyone got their nicknames. I asked Phil once how he came to be Lucky Phil and then started a thread on boat names and nicknames. If you type in nicknames there are a couple of threads that will come up.

I was Ronnie H, everyone calls me ronnie, but everyone kept thinking I was a bloke so had the mods change it to Mrs Ronnie H.

Named after my Boat.

Bit of an AC/DC fan.

Just about got spooled by the first wahoo in my old boat changed the name of that boat from MAVERICK too OUTTA LINE so used the same name when joined
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

hi all got a couple of business that start with JSM first letter of my wife ,mine and son's names so i thought JSMFUN
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Mine is same as my last boat's name.

I find picking boat names almost as difficult as picking names for children!

My last boat i spent hours trying to find a suitably fishy name that sounded OK.

One day i was looking thru the fisherman's bible, Ern Grant's "Guide to Fishes" and came across one of the tropical sea-perches, a relative of the hussars, called Lutjanus Kasmira, common name the Moonlighter fish. Heres what it looks like:

So thats where Moonlighter came from. That, plus i was doing a bit of consulting work on the side from my regular job, so it fitted well!

Next problem was when I got my current boat a couple of years ago and needed another boat name. Again an agonising process. I disliked the idea of "Moonlighter II" as i thought just adding the "II" simply lacks imagination.

Looked in "Grant's again and kepy coming back to the little "Moonlighter" fish. So given the good luck and great fish caught from the last boat, ended up using "Kasmira" for this one's name. So its still the Moonlighter, but just by the fancy scientific name this time....

Its well worth googling any name you come up with before making a final decision, because there are some doozies oit there that if you knew what they meant in other languagues or what their origin was, you wouldnt want them!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

My Ausfishers name is Rodman and I came to that because I repair rods and I am a man thus Rodman.
    I really wanted Tackle Rat but someone already had it

ken

It was on my birth certificate.

Mine was from an American mate. Every time he saw me I had a jew under my arm.....

Rabbi, that's the best one yet. :-)

Bout 13 yrs ago i bought a 560 sharky from mooloolaba that had been re gelcoated and done up apart from the floor. It was called kattamarinka.
    I ground the floor up and found split fuel tanks and just a mess.Mate calls around and sais that's bloody feral under there so after many beers kattamarinka name had to go and feral cat was born.lol

apparently i used to look like barney rubble many years ago so the nickname barney stuck with me ever since.

Having above average long range eyesight, and a long term interest in navigation and reading charts, I was always impatient when yotties or blokes wearing Captains caps went aground. And being sufficiently wide of beam myself, well how obvious was it going to be?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Got mine from the greatest rugby league team to ever grace a football field and not win a premiership.

C'mon mighty Wollongong we are the Illawarra Steelers.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent