Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: User Names

Re: User Names

63 model and the rest is simple
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Because of our surname - ***grove.

The middle son got called grover as per the TV show by the young bloke across the street in Exmouth a few years ago. That is when I used to catch mobs of fish.

When he joined the army his mates also used that name.

As I could not use that, and as I live in one of the best parts of Austrlia, I ended up as groverwa

Umm............

Geez mike your's is a hard one to work out!!!

When I got my first tinny and was doing a lot of crabbing in shallow water, I wasn't much of a pilot.

Bit of short story with name. Here goes.
    It was 21 years ago my wife and I seperated , she was living at Beachmere and I had a unit on Bribie. I had a young lady that I was seeing at the time and my ex and I saw a little of each other . Any hoozle one Saturday evening ex rings and invites me out for Chinese and who could refuse that. .
    Now the other girl, to whom I am now married to . left a message which I pretended not to see.. What to do. . Leave a note on the front door Gon Fishun. .
    Well it worked. But I was caught out and she still brings it up just to stir me , but in a nice way.

Well, I was keen on buying an offshore boat for about 14 years but everytime i started saving for one me and the missus would decide to get down n dirty.......n before i knew it i was saving for babystuff. This happened 3 times!! Finally i was in a position to afford one n as i showed the missus when i got me 6m glassy home,i said to her i can't believe this is actually "MINE".........the rest is history. Oh yeah 09 is the year i joined Ausfish!

Cheers George

Any hoozle one Saturday evening ex rings and invites me out for Chinese and who could refuse that
    Dont leave us in the lerch, what did she want??

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Dont leave us in the lerch, what did she want??
    My body of course.

Not the chicken and almond then?
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

mine is rather simple, everytime i,d try to put my name in , it didn,t work and at the time i was listening to the sex pistols --so sid fishes was it

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Apart from the surname its also named after the old Harry Belafonte song Dayoooo Dayooo daylight comes and I wanta go home

Cheers
    Barry

Coming from Sth Aust, we are known as "Crow eaters for some reason" and I follow the Adelaide Crows (sadly at present). In 95 I moved to QLD hense my user name & the name of my first boat up here.

"Tropicrows" A crow living in the tropics.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

My real name is mullet gut, but on this site I spell it backwards so nobody will know who i really am!
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

hahaha these names are great. Mine came from when I was in grade 8 (many moons ago) I stayed at a mates place that afternoon and my mum picked me up early that morn. I didn't have a shower there that night and his older brother started saying there was moss growing behind my ears. Hence Mossy. was also my art "identity" when I did arty things and sold paintings (stencil works with spray paint). It helps remind me of where I came from who's helped me get to this point in life and what I'll never loose.