Thread: 6lb Rovex

6lb Rovex

Gday all
    I just bought some ROVEX VIROS 6lb 2 spools for $49.95 thoght that was a bargain,I backed the you beut Kmart special with some 8lb mono i think.Anyway whilst winding the braid on after joing to the mono,i noticed a dag well it lloked like a join,what is this, i pulled on it and the braid split in half.
    I contacted the company they were good, asked for some photos ,no probs the photos showed the daggy bit and im expecting them to post out a new spool.My question is is it safe to join the 10mtr to the new 6lb,or am i better off pulling all this off and starting from scratch,What would you do .

Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Re: 6lb Rovex

If its not costing too much I would start from scratch, the last thing you want is more weak points in the line. Most probably never get that much spooled off but if it happened you would kick yourself for the extra 5 mins of stuffing around... IMO :-)

Re: 6lb Rovex

Awesome mossy thanks for that mate,yep your spot on there and sure as eggs thats were it would break when i got my pb Flatty hanging on the end. ,hows the new toy.
    My dad got some money through and hes chucking a bit my way to buy a new 4 stroke for my tinny 3.7 mtr savage any ideas please,think a 4 stroke coz i do a bit of trolling.

Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish