Thread: Ello there

Ello there

Hi all,

Iv been trolling the site for a few months and thought its about time I pulled my finger out and did the right thing and posted in the new members section = )

I'm located on the Gold Coast and have just purchased a new 429 Stacer Rampage with a 30hp Merc on the back.

I was a dead keen fisherman throughout my younger years and basically packed up stumps about 8 years ago when other interests took over and I lost the urge!

Iv now gotten the urge back hence the reason I bought myself a boat and cant wait to get back into the fishing scene!!
    I'm looking at fishing some of the close offshore reefs and the river systems on the coast so if you have any hints or tips for me send me a line, they would be greatly appreciated = )

Cheers
    Blake

"You ever hear this expression? The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work. Uh, I'll call B.S. I've watched the deadliest catch on Discovery. I've never once been at work, capsized in a 40 degree water, watched all my co-workers die, and be like, "Hey, at least we're fuc#ing fishing"

Re: Ello there

Blake,
    Welcome aboard, we hope you enjoy your time on Ausfish.
    If you want to get into some good size bream Atm southport bridge on the top of the run out tide.
    Fish one bay on the surfers side of the main channel markers under the bridge. Bait = mullet. Throw towards the pylons. So with the run out tide you will be on the west side of the bridge.
    Heading over there again tomorrow arvo/night.

Re: Ello there

Hi Wayno60

Cheers for the tips, iv been fishing the seaway, close inshore reefs and a few of the rivers / canals. A few fish here and there but nothing to rave on about lol not that it really matters thought, nothing like being back on the water again = )

Blake
    "You ever hear this expression? The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work. Uh, I'll call B.S. I've watched the deadliest catch on Discovery. I've never once been at work, capsized in a 40 degree water, watched all my co-workers die, and be like, "Hey, at least we're fuc#ing fishing"