Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Snapper Ban and Associated issues. merged threads

Re: Snapper ban sinks under pressure

Talk about an ungrateful bunch! whatever the reason for this decision!
    Considering the 4 options we were faced with, I thought this is cause for celabration!
    You cant give up 1 snapper? boooo hoooo

Re: Govt backs down on snapper bans and adopts LNP policy (for now at least)

ok mark, again what are your policies? dont really care about what you or your party has done. As a rec fisher on this site i would like to know each parties policies in regards to future bans and closures. kindest regards, tony.

Feathering your own nest again mark , and you still refuse to give us anything that looks like lib policy you really are a joke mate. Also maybe you should try and google the name Tom burns I think it was I believe he was one of the most proactive people ever for rec fishers , if you could be half the pollie that he was you would have a few more peoples attention mate.....matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Mark...you have stated that the ALP has adopted LNP policy yet as I showed above you have stated there are no policies and none will be forthcoming until the election is called. Once again it appears that a politicain is treating us like we are idiots and I can assure you Mark..we are far from that. To be honest..I have had a gutful of pollies spinning us yarns all the time just to feather their own nest. I am one of those people that pollies hate..a swinging voter..to be honest..I dislike the current Govt but am starting to tend to follow the devil I know rather than one that cannot even give some policies.
    Campbell Newman did not do such a great job in brisbane so I expect the LNP to be firing on all cylinders with policies but none are mentioned. I guess the LNP is just expecting everyone to vote for them based on a dislike of the current admin..that may backfire in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Dr Mark Robinson MP
    Shadow Minister for Main Roads, Fisheries &
    Marine Infrastructure
    LNP Member for Cleveland

Govt backs down on snapper bans and adopts LNP policy
    Interesting title Mark........"adopts LNP policy"
    A 4 fish limit with only 1 over 70cm............ How is that stealing the LNP policy on the Rec Snapper Policy? Never heard anything like that from the LNP, in fact I've just checked out your party's web site Mark noticed it has NO Rec Snapper Policy at all. Not even anything about no bans.

I have no doubt this change is about Labor looking to suck up to Qld anglers, that's obvious (and won't work come election time) but how is that different to some of the stuff you have feed to us here. I felt it particularly insulting that you would place a post like the one below on a fishing web site (April 20).
    "Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing. He may be an inner city Brisbanite, but he loves Moreton Bay and camping and fishing with family and mates."
    Any who has known Campbel, or even has the ability to Google his biography knows it was total BS and just sucking up to anglers. I've had a gut full of political parties telling anglers what they want to hear leading into elections then pulling the rug out after. Labor does it to anglers here in Qld and your mob has done it to anglers in WA and now in Vic it seems.
    I look foward to you or thy brother's keeper explaining how I've got it all wrong, hopefuly with out resorting to name calling or having my post deleted this time.

And BTW, it's still a blow but considering the 4 options we were facing a while back, I think Barry Day, Bill Corton, Barry Pollock & SunFish, Eco-Fishers, the Qld Opposition (yes they helped too) and every angler who signed petitions, attended public meetings and or voiced there disapproval, deserve a big pat on the back for their effort.

Sick to death of both sides
    Mike D

Can do has them all muzzled, its easy to not put your foot in it if you keep it closed.

What will be interesting is after the next QLD state election and after the LNP romp home on the back of an incompetent Bligh Govt will there still be plenty of Lov'n for Can Do within his own party for his dictatorial style of leadership.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I have followed most of the discussion over Snapper fishing regulations.

But I only wish that the Term "Bag Limit" was abandoned completly
    and the Term "Possesion Limit" used instead.

That is the correct termonology.

Bag Limits!! for some people infers a daily limit which is totally incorrect.

The Fisheries Dept. whoever they are have a number of ambiguous statements in their rules.

Get these anomalies corrected and we might all be better informed.

Fin clipping of any fish, what does that achieve? Bugger all in my view.

But if we don't do it we are liable.

It's all B.S. and meant to confuse us all and make some of us feel guilty.

Have some fun if you can Haji-Baba

I'm over the politics Mark ..... like others , I want to hear what your policy is .
    I've never had much time for someone who constantly bashes the opposition ......

The team with the best product doesn't need to...... & if you didn't realise it Mark - you're trying to sell us a product - so tell us how good your product is for once

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quick to claim that they have stolen YOUR policy but your not quick to answer our questions , you sure don't inspire any sort of confidence to want to vote for you ,you sound like a bunch without an original idea, lots of luck I hope you can come up with some facts to inspire us in some way haha ...matt

NO SNAPPER BANS MEANS NO SNAPPER BANS ...... PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD ...

That has been our policy from day 1 as I explained. The govt has just backflipped from 'PRO-BANS' to the LNP's 'NO BANS' policy.

If you don't get that, not much I can do for you. The only people I have met who don't get that are 1 sided Labor hacks and Green radicals.

That's it mate go around insulting our intelligence and expect us to listen , you guys are a joke and at this rate will lose the unloseable election again with your shear arrogance and trying to treat us all like fools , what a joke no more to add to this one sided discussion ...matt

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    That's it mate go around insulting our intelligence and expect us to listen , you guys are a joke and at this rate will lose the unloseable election again with your shear arrogance and trying to treat us all like fools , what a joke no more to add to this one sided discussion ...matt
    If you can't accept that LNP's fishing policy about bans = no bans, that is up to you. If you don't support the LNP that is up to you - its a democracy and you have a choice. But a vote to re-elect the Bligh Labor govt, is a vote to bring back Labor's snapper bans.

I would much rather the six week ban than this crap, about three weeks ago i didn't get one snapper under 70 cm so for me and my mates i could only keep three fish what a load of crap. If there was such a shortage i wouldn't be able to bag out just about every trip, this pisses me off to no end, going from 30 fish per person to 10 and then down to 5 and now this and what next because dont think for a second they are done screwing us yet.

I can honestly say the last five trips i have got my bag of fish every trip, i am not beating my chest here just saying that if there was such a shortage i wouldn't possibly be able to do this, and what still sticks in my mind and pisses me off to no end was at the RIS meeting was the younger guy who had all the data was asked, how many times has he been offshore and caught snapper and he said none, nether been out there, but he was adamit that with his bullsh*t studies and data that there was no snapper out there to be caught.

I would love to take this guy out on my terms and my time and just show him how many fish we can catch in a morning and prove to him that there is no shortage, you want to get data come for a trip with guy's that no what they are doing and have been catching snapper for a long time.

I no i have just wasted my time typing this out because neither of the party's will listen anyway as already been proven but dont think this will be the end.

Ill put up a pic of last catch we got all the snapper in a hour and a half and they kept coming all day, we honestly did not catch a fish under 70cm so you tell me how much of a shortage there is geez this sucks, looks like ill be joining the double island guy's now chasing reds and the like, probably shouldn't say that they will probably be next because not many people catch them they must be extinct as well.

Just wait for the review later on she will be a beauty, you think 4 fish is not much and hey it wont be just snapper its just the start.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Barry, I too, am disappointed that ECOfishers were not informed of the media release prior to it going public.

First I heard / read was in the Sunday Mail.

We were promised closer consultation when Mullherin was shunted.
    It was a carefully stage-managed event to make sure the focus stayed away from the govts backflip and adoption of LNPs anti-ban stance.
    Re consultation, it shows the current minister is no better than the previous one. At least the previous minister had MACs and had the port consultations. Minister Wallace, after speaking in support of snapper bans when he opposed the LNPs disallowance motion in parliament, shut down the port consultations and the MACS consultations. This Labor govt are all talk and no listen. But if you are a dangerous Green, you will be in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mitchell View Post
    I agree that there should have been more consideration towards increasing the minimum size limit to 40cm & leaving the bay limit at 5 with 2 over 70cm as was proposed in the Sunfish Submission.I look forward to the commercial & charter outcomes now as well ........

Regards Scotto
    Scott, can you clarify what your post meant? What is a commercial or charter "outcome" ?

To support Barry, as members of the SNWG we were supposed to be privy to a briefing on the content of the new Snapper management plan. None of us obviously got the nod.

I spoke to a Fisheries Manager to day about the need for a debriefing for all on the SNWG who literally wasted three years of their lives on this process. Hopefully this will occur.

And as a post script to you Scott, given the evidence of post relase mortality from deeper water, there was zero support for a minimum size increase from anyone at any time who were involved in serious discussions with Fisheries. Have you missed this part of a three year conversation on Ausfish?

FRDC are funding a "Young Leaders Program". It is supported by all in Industry as well as Sunfish. Fishing needs some new blood at the top as all of us who have been fighting the battles for at least one decade (plenty for more than two) need a break & to enjoy our well earned retirement in the near future. Its time for you blokes to move out of the shadows and into the spotlight for Sunfish. Our fisheries need representation. Its up to you Scott to become a leader of the future. We all need you up there thinking & acting on behalf of all fishers & the fisheries.

The announcement is a short term politically expedient solution to take the heat off Labour in the short term. I agree completely with Mark Robinson on this. The hard question is this- if there are sustainability concerns over ANY species where the rec/ charter take is highly significant, how can the catch rate be reduced? These issues were dealt with in the SNWG.

The political solution of Wallace says there may be a problem but we will talk about it after the election. A bit like asset sales by Bligh after the last election.............

Cheers,

Keith