Thread: Reccomed me some sub $100 polarized glasses

Reccomed me some sub $100 polarized glasses

Ok I want some cheap polarized sunnies. I had some good ones but I lost them.

A local sunglasses shop had some but they all seemed to have a very blue or yellow tint 2 them. Would they do the job?

Or those $50 ones from bcf?

What should I look for in a pair of glasses?

Also my fishing is kayak based freshwater, lake and estuary stuff.

Also want a pair ASAP so ordering from USA or else ware is out

Ausfish Silver Member Swanie1975's Avatar

Re: Reccomed me some sub $100 polarized glasses

hi gros21,
    i only buy cheap ones now as my 2 little gremlin girls seem to have a knack of breaking them for me but i found the cheapest reasonable polarised ones are on sale at bcf, supercheap etc. for $30. at that price when i go thru 2 or 3 a year it dont matter!
    they do get scratched but only when i wipe the salt off dry.

cheers ryan

it depends how close you want to get to the $100 I have got some good sunnies from optometrist shops they do them as just a plain sunny not just prescription glasses and I reckon better priced for what you get to the sunglass shops
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Cancer Council from Big W. Around $35 and less, good selection of styles etc.

have a look at Gill, either on their web site or at Whitworths. Around $70 and they float!

my fuglies work good. float too. i got 2 types, a mirrored and unmirrored for when im in fresh or salt. $39.95

Mangrove Jacks, most good sun glass shops sell em, anything from 60 to 90 bucks. Good sunnies

Mike

And what colour lenses do i go for?

I like the amber lenses.

Agree with marlin mike.,

I had spotters penetrator lenses ($240) and lost them recently..the old girl was up me and said I couldnt spend more than $100 on the next pair. Got a pair of Mangrove jacks on special for $45 at tackleworld and I would go as far as to say they are the best pair of sunglasses I have owned....even for poly lenses I reckon they are better than the spotters I had.

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

I ended getting a pair of ocean sunglasses with amber lense $40

They also had ugly fish and spotters but guy said end of the day the sub $100 glasses are much of a muchness all plastic lenses. He uses the cheapies himself.

another vote for Mangrove Jack............very good for the price.

Dan

YEp got some MJs for around $60 and they have lasted me over a year. Comfortable and reasonably scratch resistant. Rule of thumb with colors- freshwater use go amber, saltwater go grey tint. Although on cloudy days I would prefer amber in the salt too.

Get yourself down to your local safety shop and see what they have got in their safety spec range. We buy bolle's by the bucket load at work, they do the job well, reasonably cheap to.