Thread: New to ausfish ....Fishing around Gold coast with boat wants /needs advice

New to ausfish ....Fishing around Gold coast with boat wants /needs advice

Hi out there I am a keen fisherman but relitavley inexperinced one. I have 4.5 meter alum runabout with a 40 hp on her. Generally go out from jacobs well and fish around the pin for anything i can catch. Looking to hook up with people to get advice and nearly always have a spare seat on boat.....would love to head off shore or to moreton bay at some stage but lack knowledge and confidence to go out solo also need to upgrade safety gear ( flares , epirb etc ) before i attempt to head out. Any body looking for a day out on my boat contact me and or ill post when I have seats available . Look forward to meeting some mates on the water.

Re: New to ausfish ....Fishing around Gold coast with boat wants /needs advice

Welcome mate,

Post a little more about your preferred styles of fishing ( bait, lures, hard bodies, plastics) in the going fishing section and I am sure you will get takers. Always good to do a bar crossing course if you can, your 4.5 will need accurate predictions of what conditions you are likely to encounter at the bar, there is not a lot of room for error in a 4.5 mtr but Moreton Bay should be OK if you apply same common sense around the weather.

Scalem