Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gold coast taylor

gold coast taylor

god run of taylor tonight as the sun went down good chance there'll be on again as the sun come's up caught around 30 in a few hours 6keepers among them no great size but good fun all the same

Re: gold coast taylor

mate, read your blog post associated with this. Might want to check the size regs?? unless thats all fish including the released? Anyway, if it was, bet it was fun, they've certainly been getting about.
    Last edited by goat boy; 10-06-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: edit
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

6 keepers between 35 and 40 cm 30 fish all up 24went back

37 not 27 i should learn to proof read i got picks i'll put up had plenty wright on the 35 touch and go but put them back try to keep a cm or 2 over the limit

Aussi, beach, wall or jetty?

Too much traffic for me and winds was strong too.

Good to know Tailor are still around, was there any Salmon being caught?

No salmon, just plenty of tailor bagouts and a good jew around 12kg

where about are ya catching these feisty little buggers??

Blake
    "You ever hear this expression? The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work. Uh, I'll call B.S. I've watched the deadliest catch on Discovery. I've never once been at work, capsized in a 40 degree water, watched all my co-workers die, and be like, "Hey, at least we're fuc#ing fishing"

Tailor is the correct spelling, otherwise known as "Bluefish" in the US.

Taylor was a former captain of the Australian Cricket team I think you'll find he ain't that good on the chew.

what ever fish that i caught cooked and ate sorry i wasn't at home learning how to spell watching the cricket

Just checkin Aussie(or anyone else for that matter) if those gold coast Tailor still on the chew.
    Been a while & was thinking of throwing a line in one morning this week .
    Heard there's plenty of choppers around, the odd salmon and some angry anglers on a overcrowded pump jetty at southport. Interesred to hear if anyone's having some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi tide View Post
    Just checkin Aussie(or anyone else for that matter) if those gold coast Tailor still on the chew.
    Been a while & was thinking of throwing a line in one morning this week .
    Heard there's plenty of choppers around, the odd salmon and some angry anglers on a overcrowded pump jetty at southport. Interesred to hear if anyone's having some luck.
    Yeah mate, don't bother with the sand pumping jetty between dusk and 1am. Absolute mayhem. stick to the beaches and headlands. some good gutters forming between the jetty and narrowneck. The tides are looking good for the end of the week, although the wind might be a bit uncomfortable.
    Dave.

Thanks for the tip Scarby. Might give the jetty a swerve & try find a gutter somewhere towards narrowneck from one of the access points. Anywhere down to about access 37-38 is a goer i hear .As I will prob go at dawn will have to wait till daylight to see where they are as I am an hour or so away and can't get there to do a preview beforehand.
    Cheers

I'm very pissed off with the SPJ at times, I'm up at Beenleigh way ..access 37 - 38 hey!!

I've been to Wooyung beach for SFA like 3 weeks ago, 3 days running...Seven Mile beach for SFA.

Caught one salmon and two tailor from the SPJ amongst many lines and rods.

Might give access 37 - 38 a shot in the next few days and see what developes.
    Cheers

Yeah Mate 38 is at narrowneck. Was down the beach before the pump jetty this morn but no cigar. Didn't help with constant rain and with a good wind in my face couldn't get the bait out to far but was the only time I could get out this week so didn't really expect much. But better than a good days work as they say. Plenty of room on the jetty this morning I reckon. Hope the weather is better for you this week than it was for me and you catch a few.