Thread: 1770 ??

1770 ??

Hi Guys,

I am going to spend 3 days next week in 1770 and was looking for any idea's on good fishing spots.

Land based, but would love to go deep sea so might have to book a charter or something.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
    Steve

Re: 1770 ??

Try the national park to the south for whiting off the beach. You can get worms on the surf beach. Otherwise book a day charter with one of the local operators - should have a good trip. I went out a couple of years ago and caught heaps on a day charter on the reefs.

If you go past the van park on the beach and up towards the lookout at the point there are many spots along there to fish into deep water off the headland. Thay catch all sorts there including GTs , Spanish and Marlin. Also go see Tony,Josh at the Bait n Tackle shop just before Anes and they will point you in the right direction.

Some of the best land based game fishing in the country can be had off the headland mate.. pack the 50 to 85gram metals and some xraps and laserpro's the catwalk is a pretty famous spot and if the water is clear there is a good chance some fish will be around... if its dirty its a desert. the north side of the headland back inside the river a 100 meters or so and all along down to the caravan park has some great flathead .. fish the sandpatches between the rocks.. good polarized sunnies are the key.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Thanks for that Guys, Thats awesome advice. Looking forward to it and I will post a report if I catch anything exciting!

Steve