Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the new ausfish forums

Re: What do you think of the new ausfish forums

The white background is harsh on the eye IMHO, but I guess others will see it differently (pun intended). Seems a lot quicker, at least on Firefox.

Would it be possible to have a "view my posts" button?

Ausfish, I think rowanda is talking about your Adsense ads which sometimes appear in the first post of a new thread beside the text. They seem to be random, they appear and if you refresh they are gone.

That is odd, haven't seen that yet. Haven't set it that way either so must be a bug in the template. Will look into it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    Ah - change is often hard for people to accept. Usually, we all get used to change eventually though.

Personally, I remain very grateful to the website owner, Steve, for continuing to put in his own money to run the website and indeed, to continually seek improvements in it for the benefit of members.

Goodonya, Steve ....and Mrs Ausfish also, who suffers some of the family budget being spent in upgrading the forums. I am sure that such improvements cost more than small change.

Ah - there's that word, "change," again.

I'm with Charlie on this. There are things I don't like but its no big deal. I appreciate what Steve and Eileen do for us.

The intrinsic flavor of the site comes from the people who are on it which is the posts themselves. A new format doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    That is odd, haven't seen that yet. Haven't set it that way either so must be a bug in the template. Will look into it, thanks
    Ausfish, have you checked that the html </a> is closed after the ad script?

I think the owner does a great job, but i like the old version.I don't like using arrows to centre things, for eg Indy's youtube clip in fishing reports, along with photos. The forum is to narrow and it's like reading something at 3/4 width as opposed to full width.

i'm not a fan of the new colour scheme but i do like the new features and the setup is ok. but i do feel ripped off. being a premium member and now having adverts all over the screen again.

Quote Originally Posted by mull dog View Post
    i'm not a fan of the new colour scheme but i do like the new features and the setup is ok. but i do feel ripped off. being a premium member and now having adverts all over the screen again.
    That will be fixed as soon as we get the bugs out of thsi page, hopefully later today there will be a new layoput for premium members available.

Terrible...
    The Blue banner sits over the top of the dropdown from the oranrge top one. Hence I can't access some of the dropdowns.

The old format was much better and faster to load.

Its got to the point where I get frustrated with the site and hence i am accessing it less.

Also the loading of attachements is much harder (confusing)

Scott
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

Is there any way to move the Moon phase banner to be horizontal? Say at the top of the page instead of vertically on the left, because underneath is wasted space.

New features are nice but I think the layout and overall appearance isnt as good as the old version. The one thing that really annoys me is the grainy, pixelated avatar pictures for each user. Is there a setting I can change to improve this?

Thumbs up Re: What do you think of the new ausfish forums

Two thumbs up from me...I like it
    "My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it"

The floating orange banner ( rather than fixed) with the "products hints etc etc" that doesn't scroll smoothly is very irritating. Would be OK if it just sat at the top of the page

Might be me on firefox or the way I scroll. Others probably like it and the access to it's drop downs but it isn't exactly hard to go to the top of the page to find anyway if it didn't float.

It is always hard to tell if the adds in the "signature footer or base of posts" like the amaroo massage one are members ones or a placed in add. Would be good if it had a title like "this members business" or something so we know it is not random and we are supporting a member.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwald View Post
    New features are nice but I think the layout and overall appearance isnt as good as the old version. The one thing that really annoys me is the grainy, pixelated avatar pictures for each user. Is there a setting I can change to improve this?
    Check the settings on your browser, sounds like you are zoomed in. Depending on the browser you ate using you can zoom in or out by holding the CTRL key down and scrolling your mouse button.

Gee, I like that "Top" button in the Quick Navigation section at the bottom of the page.

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

I cannot remember if it was on the previous version of Ausfish but I have learnt to use it since the upgrade and think that it is a damn fine facility. I wish that the woodworking site that I also frequent would have the same feature.

Thank you, Mr Ausfish.