Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the new ausfish forums

Re: What do you think of the new ausfish forums

Plus 1 for old layout, looks too busy and not all that easy on the eye.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I like it. Especially the tapatalk enhancement.

Well done!

changes are always good...life gets boring otherwise, but I don't like all the ads
    I understand the need for revenue, but I don't think the ads should be in peoples post
    looks like someone is advertising something...maybe keep the ads out of peoples posts

I liked the old Ausfish better

cheers tim

I'm used to it now so not really any differance to me. Change is always a threat. Sit back and relax and before you know it you will hardly remember the old setup.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

it is a fishing forum...love this one or the old one it really isn't all that serious is it..and someone spends a lot of time working on it. Thanks.

Thumbs up Re: What do you think of the new ausfish forums

I liked the old one as well, but the new layout looks the goods to me
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

The search feature seems to be hopeless. In some cases it brings up posts from 2004/2006 with one mention of a word in about 8 pages of a post and won't find the word in the title of a thread from very recent posts. Maybe i'm doing something wrong in my searches??

Quote Originally Posted by paulhope7 View Post
    The search feature seems to be hopeless. In some cases it brings up posts from 2004/2006 with one mention of a word in about 8 pages of a post and won't find the word in the title of a thread from very recent posts. Maybe i'm doing something wrong in my searches??
    Use google, its better than the forum search. just add site:ausfish.com.au to the end of your search query and it will restrict all responses to this site!

I think it looks great.

Colours are a bit out there... but it will grow on me I think.

I like being able to see threads that I have replied to.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Thumbs up Re: What do you think of the new ausfish forums

It was once said, A change is as good as a Holiday.
    You change your cars, you change your boats, you change your houses, jobs, jocks an socks even change your women .
    I could be on the old fahion ways list, never been a lover of change, but change is exciting, something new and different and something to look foward to.

Quote Originally Posted by rowanda View Post
    changes are always good...life gets boring otherwise, but I don't like all the ads
    I understand the need for revenue, but I don't think the ads should be in peoples post
    looks like someone is advertising something...maybe keep the ads out of peoples posts
    Sorry, you have lost me with this comment. Can you explain more, where are there ads in people's posts?

I think the orange makes it look a bit strange, it does not match the blue top section of the site? Other than that the layout is fine.

Search feature is a known issue. I tried to rebuild the search index at 2:00am but it crashed around 4.

Working on it again.
    Last edited by Ausfish; 08-06-2011 at 09:06 AM.