Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake Maroon-Hospitality

Re: Lake Maroon-Hospitality

wow I just read the "camping rules".........it would be much easier to say what you CAN DO rather than what you can't do. If you take kids with you it would be better to gaffa tape their legs and arms together and sit em in a chair (to keep their behaviour appropriate) There are so many rules you get the idea that he wants peace and quiet BUT allows water skiers?????????????? Don't figure that one. Sounds like you have a $350 charge on your credit card, then if you do no damage you get money refunded. There are more rules there than at my work, including all WH&S rules.

I was thinking of venturing there but will give it a miss too.....................
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Stopped at Camp Likefire twice this year great place and great staff.Especially if Mick happens to be on he will put onto the bass and redclaw.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Thanks Ray, i had a look at camp lakefire website and will be booking for the Aussie day holiday coming up. My 3 young boys can't wait!

Cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by hang_on View Post
    My 3 young boys can't wait!
    Please please please take videos of the boys having "FUN" and then post it on youtube and put the link here........... it would make interesting viewing having a swat team take on 3 boys.......lol bring it on...................
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care-Taker Jeff Wall! SCUMBAG EXTRAORDINAIRE. I hope this bloke get's what he deserves....
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

I plan to have a couple nights at Maroon next week. Eighteen months on from the start of this post I wonder if things may have changed for the better. I was wondering if anyone who has stayed at any of the camping grounds at the Lake can recommend which of the couple places might be best.

Just back from a couple days in one of the houses at Lake Maroon Holiday Park. What can I say - excellent accomodation at a good price, good camping areas and the caretaker and his wife could not have been more gracious and helpful. I thought it only fair to put this up in light of the earlier posts.

Plenty of bass and redclaw as well. And mid-week we had the dam virtually to ourselves. Most enjoyable.

Lake Maroon-Hospitality

Just resurfacing this old post to ensure people reconsider visiting this horrible and inhospitable place.

Sorry Gunna! The negatives outway any positives on this place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

Been to Camp Lakefire several times ( Including the Bluefin Comp) since this post started and still no complaints only accolades.
    New toilet block and SEQ water has allowed lakeside camping again so you only have to launch your boat once.
    Little skipper I would suggest that you give it a try.
    Cheers
    Ray

So just to clear this up

http://www.camplakefire.com.au/ Friendly, and cheaper by the look of it

http://www.lakemaroon.com.au avoid at all costs

Does anyone know if the bloke that caused all this hassle is still there and is he running it or just an employee?

Does anyone know how the court case went???

Quote Originally Posted by jmwarner View Post

Does anyone know if the bloke that caused all this hassle is still there and is he running it or just an employee?
    Straight off their website -
    The park is under new ownership: Brian, Vicki and Butch look forward to being your hosts.

Our personal commitment to our guests is that we will strive to ensure our guests receive a high quality and personal service, that our guests feel they have achieved the best deal possible and value for money spent, and that our guests have enjoyed the experience and want to come back and visit us again.

I'm guessing they are really trying to distance themselves from previous management issues.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

That's what I was hoping but wanted to check before walking into a bad situation

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post
    Just resurfacing this old post to ensure people reconsider visiting this horrible and inhospitable place.

Sorry Gunna! The negatives outway any positives on this place.

So I take it you have tried it again which would then give you the right to denigrate my post ?? If not - then pull your head in.

I will repeat - Lake Maroon Park was excellent in December 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by jmwarner View Post
    So just to clear this up

Wrong wrong wrong - the place was fine on my visit.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    So I take it you have tried it again which would then give you the right to denigrate my post ?? If not - then pull your head in.

I will repeat - Lake Maroon Park was excellent in December 2012.
    If that had been me I would not be setting foot there ever again.

It may have been fine on your visit but from the other posts it looks like there is a rather large other side to the place. However as triple stated it looks like they have changed caretakers

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Been to Camp Lakefire several times ( Including the Bluefin Comp) since this post started and still no complaints only accolades.
    New toilet block and SEQ water has allowed lakeside camping again so you only have to launch your boat once.
    Little skipper I would suggest that you give it a try.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Thanks Ray for the heads up on Camp Lakefire, it was definately 100% Lake Maroon that my family and I attempted to visit that created the inhospitable hospitality.

Still not sure if I'd visit again considering it was almost 3 years ago. Can't believe everything you read on business websites especially Lake Maroon.

Guess I've just lost faith in this place considering we drove over 2 hours to get there. Thank god I didn't drag the boat along that dreadful day as it was more of a recon of the site.

LITTLE SKIPPER!