Thread: Sunshine Coast jewfish

Sunshine Coast jewfish

Just throwing it out there, I had great fishing session on the sunshine coast chasing jewfish/mulloway. I caught two fish around the 50-60cm mark and a monster 75cm specimen in the river!! I would have to been fighting the 75cm for a good 10mins and thought I wouldn’t get it in. Also i was only using 2-4kg Trion with 6lb fins braid and 5" Jerkshad (go to lure). Just couldn’t wait to see the leader knot and net the beast. ZZZZZ just love the sound of a screaming reel. My heart was going a million miles an hour and I was shaking. Finally the fish was netted and photographed at swan boat hire before being released to fight another day (watch seven local sunshine coast fishing report on Thursday 9/6/2011). What works for Me:Reel: 2500- I use pflueger supreme medium sizeRod: 2-4kg- I use pflueger Trion Line/Leader: 6-8lb braid and 12 - 16lb flroucarbon leaderLure- 5" Jerkshad in a variety of colours, and 4" Pumpkinseed Powerbait.Jig Head: 1/4 oz for 4-7m of waterAnd allot of patients, but if you find the bait school, straightway Technique / retrieve: Double hops or triple hops of the bottom, drift anywhere from 8-12m of bank and cast parallel to the shore.Tide/time: Early morning does not really matter for tidePictures: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/photowvc.jpg/ if this does not work could someone please tell me how to attach photos onto ausfishThanks FishinwahbeeNever too young to be a pro13yo!

Re: Sunshine Coast jewfish

nice jewie mate sounds like you had alot of fun, cheers Benny

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Re: Sunshine Coast jewfish

Thanks mate