Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat stolen 4am this morning - Gold Coast $500 Reward

Re: Boat stolen 4am this morning - Gold Coast $500 Reward

Will keep an eye out for sure.

Did they remove the trailer cop? or did they still just tow the boat away?

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin Semen View Post
    Cheers guys.

These guys were very good and hardly made a sound when cutting the padlocks or hooking the boat up. Definitely done it before. The trailer cop I had on it was useless.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Would think it's a professional job. To get away with it without making too much noise. Plus what do you do with it once it's in your hands? Unless the theives have access to a paint booth to do a quality respray it's worth nothing on any market.

Obviously the theives are better organised than someone wanting to take it for a quick run then dump it.

Hope it is returned complete without any damage. All the best

Thats a dam shame SS ill keep an eye out for sure I hope it works out for the best. Bloke I know lost his a while back it had a tow hitch lock on it the bastards simply wrapped a chain around it a drove off.
    Cheers Axl

I too am sorry for your loss, it would be very upsetting for me to lose my boat like that. I hope that you do get it back.
    It's also upsetting to see my insurance premiums going up and up while scumbags can just drive down the street and pick which boat they want out of owners front yards. Seems a bit too easy regardless of useless little locks.

I would like to see insurance companies take a bit more notice of adequate security measures and price premiums and payouts accordingly.
    Mines securely locked in a shed out of site in the back yard but get no lesser premium than the guy who leaves it on the street for the taking which is a bit annoying.
    And then you get the guys with their $2M boats they burn to the water line deliberately for a quick payout when in financial difficulty we all pay for.

Anyway we still should be able to leave out property without fear of theft regardless but the world today unfortunately is full of scumbags and it seems more than our share on the Gold Coast.
    If you want to keep your boat you need to secure it a little better these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Will keep an eye out for sure.

Did they remove the trailer cop? or did they still just tow the boat away?
    Honestly I dunno...there was no evidence of the trailer cop on the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by johncar View Post
    I too am sorry for your loss, it would be very upsetting for me to lose my boat like that. I hope that you do get it back.
    It's also upsetting to see my insurance premiums going up and up while scumbags can just drive down the street and pick which boat they want out of owners front yards. Seems a bit too easy regardless of useless little locks.

I would like to see insurance companies take a bit more notice of adequate security measures and price premiums and payouts accordingly.
    Mines securely locked in a shed out of site in the back yard but get no lesser premium than the guy who leaves it on the street for the taking which is a bit annoying.
    And then you get the guys with their $2M boats they burn to the water line deliberately for a quick payout when in financial difficulty we all pay for.

Anyway we still should be able to leave out property without fear of theft regardless but the world today unfortunately is full of scumbags and it seems more than our share on the Gold Coast.
    If you want to keep your boat you need to secure it a little better these days.
    I too am disgusted by the attitude of insurance companies. My boat is stored in a shed at my office impounded by a 10ft fence with a monitored alarm system and the insurance company tells me it is MORE secure at my house in the garage secured by a roller door and therefore there is no discount offered.

Just a little tip guys. When I had a tinny of a similar size to this, and I wasn't using it for a week or more and had to leave it in the yard, I used to let down the tyres and chain the jockey wheel so it couldn't be lifted. Makes it real hard to move without making noise and also forces them to stop down the road not far from home. A cheap compressor from a cut price auto barn makes for quick inflation when you want to use it. Thats just what I did anyway, and managed to not get tinnys stolen in an area where they sometimes walked.

Sorry to kind of hijack Screamin, hope you get it back and somehow get a couple of minutes with them where you are forced to defend yourself with a bat....

It must be heart breaking, if they ever do catch them I'm sure there are enough boys here to help you start a new artificial reef with them.

All the above has covered it well. My mates fish the Goldy fairly frequently at all days and hours of the week. We will keep an open eye out for her. The more eye's we have the lesser places for these shit ticks to hide.
    All the best wishes for her return.
    Viper.
    "If I am going too burn time let it be holding my rod. For when it is time to lay me at rest let it be a Viking burial at it's best. Give back for what I have Taken."

I am tripling the reward to $1500 cash NO QUESTIONS ASKED, I just want the boat back.

SS

bloody shame we have to contend with these low lifes

will keep an eye out for it in CQ Regards Pete

SS,
    Any news yet?

Still no news...I have added more info like serial numbers etc to the original post. Cheers.

Hey S.S. have been keeping an eye out for ages , however I saw a black holden ute this arvo with a big decal on back window proclaiming "screamin seamin" don't know if it's yours or just a coincidence . I do have the rego numbers if you need them ..
    Hope it works out for you mate .
    Cheers Tezza