View Poll Results: What date is most suitabel (multiple choice)

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • July 9-10th

2 18.18%
  • July 16th-17th

2 18.18%
  • July 23-24th

4 36.36%
  • July 30-31st

1 9.09%
  • August 6th-7th

1 9.09%
  • August 13th-14th

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weaving Weekend:--- Who would like to learn how?

Well the weekend is done and dusted
    Hopefully all the guys that attended got something useful out of it
    I'd like to thank my ever patient wife for allowing a bunch of unwashed unshaven blokes to trash the place for two days and still lay on the great food
    I enjoyed the company of all the guys and really look forward to seeing their work
    Two days is nowhere near enough time to take everything in, so whilst only one weave was completed, I'm confident the guys will be knocking out a few in the near future

Cheers
    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Re: Weaving Weekend:--- Who would like to learn how?

was there reef fillets done with a prawn mousse drizzled with a mild curry sauce on offer? if so I missed a great weekend

cheers Murf

Hi All,

Well I attended the weaving weekend and I must say the hospitality of Owen and His wife was outstanding, both are a wealth of knowlege when it comes to custom built fishing rods.
    I had a ball meeting new like minded people and learnt some new tricks but the object of the weekend was to learn how to weave from the master, and not only is he a master weaver but he is also a master teacher. Thanks Owen your tuition is amazing and you have inspired me to take this to the limit.
    Will throw some epoxy on my weave and post in this thread for all to see how a novice can do the unthinkable with the right help.

Cheers
    Pedro

I too attended the weave weekend.

There can't be to much Owen and Sandra don't know about rod weaving and making their guest feel welcome.
    I Had a great two days. I didn’t quiet finish my weave but its well on its way.
    I think Owen has opened a huge tin of worms, who knows what creations will come of our training (and finga'a noggin).

Thanks again for the weekend !! Scott.

PS It was great to meet some other AF members.

PPS Thanks for the bed finga..

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I'd like to thank my ever patient wife for allowing a bunch of unwashed unshaven blokes to trash the place for two days and still lay on the great food
    Cheers
    Owen
    Yeah, they were a bit on the rough side weren't they. Present company excepted of course.

Oh, the food. Mmmm.
    But the highlights for me was actually having a go after all the years of thinking...I better have a go at this.
    A lot more thought has to go into doing this then I realised.
    It was really good having someone telling me what I'm doing wrong before the problem got too bad, or hard, to repair. Owens' past mistakes and the lesson he had learned from them will save me heaps of time I reckon.

Oh...Pedro is a freak. The bugger made it look all too easy. And it aint.

Any time Scotty. Any time at all for a bed.
    I have to mention Scotty had a bad day Saturday.
    He forgot his GPS gismo so he had to drive across Toowoomba again to fetch it.
    And then he committed the worst of sins. He left the pikelets behind.
    I remembered the jam and cream but the bugger forgot the pikelets. How hard is it to remember smoko?? No wonder he's so skinny.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I must add my congratulations and thanks to Owen and Sandy.I also did not finish my weave but wasn't the fault of the tutelage of Owen .A good bunch of blokes ,a good weekend and fine food.

No not this time but maybe can be arranged for the next one just for you.

It was great to meet a few of the guys and have to say all where well behaved or at lest most. It turned out to be a great week end with a great bunch of people. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the end results. Bring them on.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    was there reef fillets done with a prawn mousse drizzled with a mild curry sauce on offer? if so I missed a great weekend

cheers Murf
    cheers
    sandyd

Well I missed it... (bloody cars!)

Glad everybody had a good time.

Count me in if there is another one Owen.
    Cheers
    Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by monowai1 View Post
    I must add my congratulations and thanks to Owen and Sandy.I also did not finish my weave but wasn't the fault of the tutelage of Owen .A good bunch of blokes ,a good weekend and fine food.

Gday John, have you had a chance to do same more work on your weave ?. I haven't yet but I can't stop thinking about it, this work business is interrupting my weaving.

Scott