Thread: Brisbane River Jew

Question Brisbane River Jew

Hi All

I'm starting to have a fish for jewies in the Brisbane River & am after a little advice
    - my preference is to use lures but every now and then baits will be used.

What I'm trying to get my head around is what tides are preferred / moon phase .
    When I was living down south it was all about full moon periods / top or bottom of the tide on slack water ...... with the best senario being the turn of a tide around sunset with a full moon rising ...... the ducks nuts in summer

Anyhow any advice or locations would be appreciated (PM me if preferred)

Many thanks

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Brisbane River Jew

Haven't done it for a couple of years, but I always had the most success in the Pine River, between Dohles Rocks and Deep Water Bend. Arafura Barras were the gun lure.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Haven't done it for a couple of years, but I always had the most success in the Pine River, between Dohles Rocks and Deep Water Bend. Arafura Barras were the gun lure.
    Thanks Dale ..... I dont really know the Pine - but I'll have to check it out

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

G'day NAGG, I thought i had them sussed for a while but the last 2 trips i have done have been shockers. They do it to you every time! Sinking bibless vibes type lures are my choice for the brissy as it's pretty deep where i fish for them. I just scoot around to different spots deploy the leccie and work an area over (usually pull threadys and/or jew). Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOEY View Post
    G'day NAGG, I thought i had them sussed for a while but the last 2 trips i have done have been shockers. They do it to you every time! Sinking bibless vibes type lures are my choice for the brissy as it's pretty deep where i fish for them. I just scoot around to different spots deploy the leccie and work an area over (usually pull threadys and/or jew). Ben

Thanks Ben

Honestly - I feel once they are sussed , results seem to come consistently ( for bait fishing) ...... lures are a step up though.
    I plan to fish tomoz evening / night even though tide and moon are not what I thought are ideal - but to hell with it !

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Nagg,

I have also had success on the same lures that Dale uses but in bleeding mullet pattern with a piece of sticky weight on them and only one treble, I leave the rear one on, mainland side top of the tide Bribie Bridge there is a deep hole cast the lure let it sink for about a 30 count then wind slowly.

The Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    Hi Nagg,

I have also had success on the same lures that Dale uses but in bleeding mullet pattern with a piece of sticky weight on them and only one treble, I leave the rear one on, mainland side top of the tide Bribie Bridge there is a deep hole cast the lure let it sink for about a 30 count then wind slowly.

The Bomber
    Thanks Bomber ........ we were talking about HBs last night - fatter profile seem to be the go

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO