Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum upgrade

Forum upgrade

As you can see the forums have been upgraded. Some features have been lost and some gained.

We will be adding a new classifieds section soon. Unfortunately the classified software for the old forum is not compatible with the new version.

You can now use the forum on your Iphone, Android, I pad, etc using Tapatalk.

Re: Forum upgrade

Hi Steve, the upgrade looks good, but when viewing a thread the page margins are too wide.
    If you can fix that all looks great. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Page Margins fine on my computer, looks good but will take a little time to get used to it again.
    Murray

And bigger writing would be nice so I can read it.
    It reminds me of trying to read a message on my mobile phone....something I tend not to do.

Also the post count needs to go. Seeing it makes me realise I need a life
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

re font size - hold control and scroll with mouse wheel.

Hi Steve

Nice Look! Fresh & Updated. I see the Thanks icon has been removed? That's ashame! Could you provide instructions to everyone how to obtain Tapatalk on there smart phones? Are you planning on updating the look of the browser menu? ie: Products, Hints & Tips, Fishing Forum etc? Would be great to see it blended in with the new look forum and a slightly larger font size.

Regards
    Wayne.
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

Quote Originally Posted by barney11 View Post
    re font size - hold control and scroll with mouse wheel.
    Ta. ....
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by twindragons View Post
    Hi Steve

Nice Look! Fresh & Updated. I see the Thanks icon has been removed? That's ashame! Could you provide instructions to everyone how to obtain Tapatalk on there smart phones? Are you planning on updating the look of the browser menu? ie: Products, Hints & Tips, Fishing Forum etc? Would be great to see it blended in with the new look forum and a slightly larger font size.

Regards
    Wayne.
    Yes that is a shame it was nice to be able to say thanks to someone who had offered some good advice and or helped out with a question/issue.
    Cheers Axl

Quote Originally Posted by twindragons View Post
    Hi Steve

Regards
    Wayne.
    Thanks feature will be added back in when available

If you go to the forum on your phone it will prompt you regarding tapatalk. You can also go to tapatalk.com

Navigation will be updated in the next day or so

Quote Originally Posted by megafish71 View Post
    Hi Steve, the upgrade looks good, but when viewing a thread the page margins are too wide.
    If you can fix that all looks great. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Ron
    Yep, same for me, I have to scroll across for ages to read the text, does not seem to be any kind of "wrap around" setting that I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post

You can now use the forum on your Iphone, Android, I pad, etc using Tapatalk.

What the heck is all that? Hope I never have to find out..Please don't tell me.Just when I think I'm becoming advanced and up to date they bring in this new fangled stuff.

Wonder why Finga has got so many posts?

Good stuff Steve....ithink.

As others have said

I am out in the middle of Woop Woop on a Telstra Turbo pre-paid modem - and the speed is better than yesterday - good stuff. But when I select 'reply to thread' I don't get a new page - I have to use the quick reply. And the button to post the reply is waaaay across to the right - I need to drag the bottom cursor a long way to find it. Otherwise looks good.

Scroll problem is an issue with IE. Will try and find it and fix it as soon as possible.

Click on Go Advanced if you want to not use teh quick reply option

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Thanks feature will be added back in when available
    Cheers - What about the "thanks" from previous version? will they be carried across, or will we all start at zero?

Also, the forsale section no longer exists?

Mick

Thanks sadly will not carry over.

Classifieds had to go, see first post. Will be adding new ones very soon.