Thread: Shimano Stradic ci4 2500 Vs Daiwa Luvias 2000

Shimano Stradic ci4 2500 Vs Daiwa Luvias 2000

hey all,

Doing some window shopping on what I can spend some tax money on , Thinking of selling my 2500 CI4 and strapping on a 2000 Luvias onto my 2-4kg Luvias rod.

I like the stradic feels nice and all I have a couple of things I dont like.. but I would like to try a daiwa reel and the Luvias seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Anyone have an opinion on doing the swap could you feel the quality difference between the two reels? I love my light fishing so I will be strapping some 4lb braid to the reel.

Taking the rod into a local tackleshop tomorrow see how it all feels on the rod but I don't see it being a problem as its the same weight as the Stradic.

Re: Shimano Stradic ci4 2500 Vs Daiwa Luvias 2000

Personally - I feel that the Luvias is the best sub A$500 spin reel on the market ...... & in the smaller sizes the best sub A$600 reel
    I've used the Luvias alongside a Certate ...... & it is certainly a lighter & smoother reel - I'd find it difficult to go past a Luvias if I had my time again.

By comparison the ci4 looks cheap & feels pretty average - you really have to go to a Shimano Stella or Daiwa Steez to better it .......... my opinion only

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I have a couple of Luvias, and a Stradic CI4, and I agree, the Luvias is the better reel. Cranks smoother, drag is smoother, and has far better fit and finish.

The only time I grab the Stradic is if we are going light tackle spinning for pelagics. The Luvias has far slower gearing than the Stradic.

Cheers,
    Ben

Add another vote to the Luvias lovers ,very happy with mine.

Likewise I absolutely love my Luvias 2500, and will be getting a 200 and a 3000 model in the near future.. the new Luvias rods are the goods too..
    "Live Life"

Does the slower retrieve ratio make much of an impact? I use hards and plastics etc. I don't think I've had a reel with that slow a ratio. Just takes more wind to get the slack in I guess wouldn't be too dramticly different?

Thanks everyone for voicing there opinion hopefully I make it to the tackleshop today. ( damn work stopping from my fishing)

Does the slower retrieve ratio make much of an impact? I use hards and plastics etc. I don't think I've had a reel with that slow a ratio. Just takes more wind to get the slack in I guess wouldn't be too dramticly different?

Thanks everyone for voicing there opinion hopefully I make it to the tackleshop today. ( damn work stopping from my fishing)

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post

One of the endearing features of Daiwa reels amoung those fishing plastics & HB lures is the lower gearing - you can certainly fish slower but in a more natural fashion (if you know what I mean) .
    The opposite for those into spinning slugs ..... Shimano edges out Daiwas.
    I think you'll find that the Luvias is a pretty nice real to own .... and represents good value for what you get - specially as a finesse type reel

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Luvi all the way. I have both a certate 2500 custom and luvias 3000 as my main reels and IMO daiwa build quality is second to none. The luvias landed a 10+kg tuna the other day no sweat. Good luck with the purchase.