Thread: more carp from today

more carp from today

went down today to my carp spot to rid some more of the mongrels. got down a little earlier than last time and as usual i studied the feeding etc for half an hour. got down to my spot and instead of corn for bait i tried creamed corn. this worked great as the fish were hungry from the smell and couldnt find anything to eat( bit like when your nextdoor neighbour has a bbq and didnt invite you) first bait in and almost straight away i was on huge run first up then a second and a third, i thought it was a great caro but after a 5 min fight a good size bass surface WTF? after a few happy snaps it was released to eat corn another day
    long story short manged 9 bass at the first spot then it died off and moved down stream to the next and pulled on more and headed home where i pulled another 6 from below the weir.
    anyway here are a few pics from the day.

Re: more carp from today

Thats a sly trick your using there mate......all the local bass will only be eating ultra small yellow lures next summer ...you'll be the only one with the code to catch a fish ...god job on the carp

lol i can only put it down to that the carp are so thick the bass are competing for everything in order to survive

Thats a hoot. Pestered by bass when trying to catch carp. Usually the opposite !!!