Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Travelling in the dark

Re: Travelling in the dark

6 NOTS. Reports from some live aboards said the noise was pretty horrible. Police and ambulance in attendance and apparently a fuel spill (unconfirmed).

Imo there should be some sort of low light level speed limits but sadly we rely on peoples sensibility its tragic that most of us boaters move around at night in a good manner but the wreckless end up like this as casulties as they say some need to experience it to learn from it such silly people anyone on board could have been killed if the boat sank

Just read a report that says second incident w as the result of the skipper having a suspected heart attack. Was doing 6 knots but suddenly accelerated and went straight up the wall. No mention of fuel spill.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Just read a report that says second incident w as the result of the skipper having a suspected heart attack. Was doing 6 knots but suddenly accelerated and went straight up the wall. No mention of fuel spill.
    Also heard he was an 80 y/o, who had had a medical condition, fortunately his 2 grand children were OK!

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    Also heard he was an 80 y/o, who had had a medical condition, fortunately his 2 grand children were OK!
    I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often....my uncle had a fatal heart attack in the seat of his car...….fortunately it happened while pulled up at the petrol bowser..

20190722_093749.jpg

20190722_093810.jpg

Stand on your head or turn your screen over to view appropriate way up

Taken at about 9.45 this morning so close to low water. Looks like it should come off at high tide ok. Doesn't look like it was going too fast

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    20190722_093749.jpg

20190722_093810.jpg

Stand on your head or turn your screen over to view appropriate way up

Taken at about 9.45 this morning so close to low water. Looks like it should come off at high tide ok. Doesn't look like it was going too fast

Matt
    Damn, not only high and dry, but upside down. Dudes done a really good job of it.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Everything comes in 3s ,it may be time for these boat licence instructors to do boating at night time courses and start doing sunup to sunset licences only, that should cut down on things happening.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Everything comes in 3s ,it may be time for these boat licence instructors to do boating at night time courses and start doing sunup to sunset licences only, that should cut down on things happening.
    Won't help one bit. We make learner drivers do 100 plus hours behind the wheel before sitting a somewhat more comprehensive test than that required for a boat license and yet P platers are still over represented in crash statistics. Courses and licenses do next to stuff all. Experience is the best teacher. Some people simply have to make their own F-ups before they start paying attention. As for the medical emergency - that falls under shit happens - no one's fault as such.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often....my uncle had a fatal heart attack in the seat of his car...….fortunately it happened while pulled up at the petrol bowser..
    I agree, had a mate die from a heart attack behind the wheel also, fortunately waiting at a roundabout, and an older friend out in his boat, was found bobbing around on his own!

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Won't help one bit. We make learner drivers do 100 plus hours behind the wheel before sitting a somewhat more comprehensive test than that required for a boat license and yet P platers are still over represented in crash statistics. Courses and licenses do next to stuff all. Experience is the best teacher. Some people simply have to make their own F-ups before they start paying attention. As for the medical emergency - that falls under shit happens - no one's fault as such.
    Comes down to basic rules! “Drive to the conditions”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁