Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noosa Bar Crossing

Noosa Bar Crossing

Hi guys thought you might like to see our fishing trip crew heading out from the Noosa River Xing the Bar, Some did well some not so well !

CHEERS RAY.

Last edited by Ausfish; 31-05-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Re: Noosa Bar Crossing

Geday Ray ,
    Interesting footage .
    Good to see that they all got out Ok ,even if a couple may have need to change their jocks .
    It's a bit hard to judge the boats in then footage .
    Was the first boat out an Allison about 18 ft ?

Would have been tough for the Skippers to see the Surfers same the same area.
    Also excellent Video footage , any idea what type of camera it was ?

Pete
    Peter
    Searaider 2

Ray,

So who was driving Re-bait ? Was it Phil - he's short enough as it is without coping that pounding up the legs of the alloy beast.

She jumped quite well however. What was the ride home like?

Brett

Nope, wazza not me Brett.

No AF stickers. It also had rocket launchers on the targa and a open space under the bait board... but I do reckon it was a Sportfish. IT seemed to " get over " the rollers OK. ?

FYI, I doubt I will ever head out over the Noosa bar. Too shallow, too many obstacles in the water.

I will say I got ReBait air-bourne on the last trip to 1770 a few weeks ago, going over the bar.........

Thanks for the footage Ray.

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Ray,

So who was driving Re-bait ? Was it Phil - he's short enough as it is without coping that pounding up the legs of the alloy beast.

She jumped quite well however. What was the ride home like?

Brett
    Hey Buggsy, how's it all going down there mate? Still in northern new south? Have to catch up for a fish soon.
    Jimbo

Hey guys that vid was taken on the Sat which was heaps better than when we went over on the Sunday, The swell had increased by a fair bit and it was touch and go weather we should have went (but we did) The 189 Allison (Pete) got hit by a big Greenie on Sunday that took out his whole windscreen,clears,canopy, and bent the hell out of all the Stainless top ! He also had to get stitches in his face and mouth from the screen whacking him. Hey Brett the trip in was no drama just sat on the back of a set and cruised in. But if i wasnt already heading out (20mts behind him) when he got hit i wouldnt have went when i saw what it had done to him. I was the Skipper in the Fourth Boat that went out in the Video (5.65 Alloy Bow Rider,black canopy) on Sat and as you can see we had no real dramas that day, but it wasnt pretty on the Sunday when i had her getting some serious air time ! And as Pete said the Surfers were hard to see when all hell was breaking loose ! Not sure what sort of camera it was Pete he has a You-Tube page you can check . It was my first time over the Bar and i wont be rushing back there in a hurry.

CHEERS RAY. PS it was a Sportfish 6.8 i think !
    Last edited by rakinray; 24-05-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: forgot info

Your right Phil. On a second look there are some differences. Definitely a Sportsfish though. I thought she launched quite well actually and more importantly landed quite well instead of arse first.

Jimbo - yeah mate still here. Ready for catch up any time.

Brett

Great footage......although it does just reinforce why I go from Mooloolaba even on a flat day!!!

Glad everyone got out ok, unlike the recent one in NSW.

Hey Ray ,
    Not like our trip Hey Try riding a wave in holding onto the out board to manual steer Ha ha Go i hate bar crossings .

Mick

mate i cant see the Video, do you have the youtube link ??

Cheers
    Brett

Back up now Brett cheers for that Steve. Come on Mick (Toughen up !) Mind you when the Steering goes just as you get to the main break (like we did) then its time to do what ever it takes to get her in ! You wouldnt have enjoyed the Noosa Bar on Sunday (Nasty). Will catch up soon mate, the Snapps are calling !

CHEERS RAY.

Nice vid, liked the track too. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the post. But not a chance in hell would i attempt that crossing
    i want a bigger boat

Call Sign "In-Vince-able" VHF 72

Great Video
    That looks like fun (NOT) I think I will stick to the SPB... No surfers there to dodge !!

Cheers
    Brett

Thanks for the video. What was the tide doing at that time?