Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going from 2-4kg to 1-3kg rods

Re: Going from 2-4kg to 1-3kg rods

I had a look at some rods today while on lunch.

I looked at a tackleworld brand tavia 1-3kg rod 40T carbon etc. Felt so so light with a 1000ci4 stradic on it. I also looked at the 1-3kg T-curve revolution felt nice in the hand but didnt put a reel on it.

Looked at a few others trions, mexican fire, t-curve T series, patriach XTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Stik-ugly View Post
    Loophole why do you dislike Super Pe, have you had problems with it?
    Poor knot strength, alot of birdnests(Windknots).
    "True Blue"

I am currently using a Pflueger Patriarch 6'10 1-3kg .... Beautifull rod with a soft tip ideal for small surface walkers etc.

If you want an excellent braid that is user friendly and very wind knot resistant check out the Stren Microfuse in 4lb.

Be carefull with the expensive Jap PE braids as they are very prone to wind knots in the light stuff on spin reels.

Pete

Iv got a t-curve flight in 2-5kg and a 1-3kg loomis. I'm a light gear trout fisherman, and I'm casting jackall chubbies with those rods no problem... BUT... the 1-3 is my preferred rod... I just like the lighter feel with it. It's also a longer caster with all the light lures. If you have the money get the same one iv got, I put a lot of time into research. TSR791S GLX. I hope you choose one you like
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

Oh I'm also running with size 1000 reels... cast better with light line and lures.
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

G Loomis IMX DSR8200s with Stradic Ci4 2500 is my current 2-6lb combo. Right at home throwing 3.5gm hardbodies as it is 1/40th hidden weight plastics. One spool has 6lb Sunline Super pe and the other 2lb Sunline Basic FC.
    Much better as a dropshotting rod rather than crankbaiting as you can put a 2" shrimp on 1/28th head on the front of a pontoon at about 30m. Good Flats rod but I change over to the fluorocarbon spool for extra casting distance.
    All my bream combos have/had at least one spool with super pe on it and have had no problems.

I've got a Loomis IM6 SR720 two piece that I'm selling its 1 to 4 lbs. I never use it. Guess I should put it in the classifieds, just something I never get around to.