Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Ramp Closed Contarf

Re: Boat Ramp Closed Contarf

At least that is only one ramp. The worse one is the triatholon down the Goldcoast. All ramps from Labrador to the spit was closed.

this is turning into a classic thread guys, well done.

still amazes me how some people say, only 1 weekend use another ramp.
    How would you feel if u didnt know it was closed and drove a distance to get to the ramp?
    Shane ur right about the ramps out front. Mongres if other than a westerley.
    I used scarb last time clontarf was closed.
    Not easy when ramp if full, boats wanting to come in and out and by yourself.
    Still cant see how they can close a public boat ramp for another boating event.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Robersl,

why not launch from cabbage tree Ck at Sandgate for mud island??? Much closer to mud than Scarbs.

this ramp (shorncliffe on sinbad st) was closed on the weekend for some reason. had it closed off. didnt stop some bloke who drove around the barricades and was putting his boat in on saturday morning. Im not sure if its still closed right now. i will take a drive tonight and have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    still amazes me how some people say, only 1 weekend use another ramp.
    I dont think its that amazing really, how many times have you panned to go fishing and the weather has turned bad and you have had to cancel.
    You are an amusing chap Seahorse, nice thread once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Argle View Post
    MBTBC club ramp is closed for the duration of the Moreton Bay Classic - dont hear too many people crying about that? Its one weekend use another ramp!
    this is a private club members only ramp not public so it is there option to allow r close the ramp.
    Hi lethal, scarbie is a long way to mud, it is 17 klm from clontarf ramp and fifteen klm from allpass parade ramp at the mouth of cabbage tree creek that i use i use different ramps in different wind conditions for the safest and most comftable ride across the bay

shane

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

The MBTBC charge you for the use of the facilities and to be a member.And it is closed for a week not just a weekend,I just use Scarby ramp and go fishing.It is closed for safety reasons not to deny you of your right to go fishing,just think outside the circle and use another ramp and stop the rant.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

is the clontarf ramp closed for the whole weekend or just for the comp. Could we still use the ramp at say 2am???

I have not seen a notice issued by maritime qld stating that the ramp will be closed. I am sure that they normally issue a notice to mariners for these types of events.
    Tight Lines

Split-shot

the notice is at the ramp.

G'day Seahorse,

Given that it is your ramp, are you going to pay for the dredging from now on?

Darren

darren.
    what? i dont have a problem with the depth of water. I can get in and out ok.

... . .. ....

Barney as a newbie on here you sure are acting like a stirrer dimwit, you made your point and the bloke is quite entitled to be upset about his local being closed. Whats your point going on and on, if you cant make a constructive comment stay out of it.
    Flatzie

I am with Seahorse.... rather than just blanket ban the ramp the organisers should have a person there who can co ordinate the coming and going from the ramp.. surely it is not too hard to put the rec fishers in the water at the same time as the ski boats..

For the southern end of the peninsular there are very few options for a safe launch. It is easy to say put in at Scarby but if you were not fishing that end of town then it is one hell of a long ride to get where you are going for no good reason.

I have been in the position where I turned up to the ramp only to realise that it was under repair and I forgot when the works started so I headed to the alternate site which had a large crane lifing a catamaran off a truck so that one was gone so off to the third option only to be in line with about 25 other boaties.. and being a solo fisher and at high tide it was just not going to happen so I crawled back into bed in disgust....