Thread: New Yak

New Yak

Wow what a first day with my first yak. Have spent all week getting everything ready for her and finally got out for a paddle and fish down in Coombabah Creek. The yak is a K-Largo and is just what I wanted.
    So my day out with her was of to a great start when getting her of my racks a put a dint in the car. Ahh well what's a dent when there is kayaking to be done. Went out for a small paddle to get used to the feel and handling of the craft.
    Second trip out went into a few spots where only a yak can get and had a flick around. Was just magic with no one around and the tide and wind working in my favor. Found the right spot for fish and hooked up to 3 flathead about 40 cm each, couple of undersize bream and heaps of under size whiting. All fish released for another great day out.
    Also I am a big bloke and would love to be part of Big Unit Yak Club. lol.

Cheers
    Tim

Re: New Yak

Nice, how about some pics?
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

On ya, Tim. Welcome to the world of yak fishing. Nothing like being the only person fishing in a peaceful location - and catching fish too.

You might have a good idea there...a big unit yak fishinf club/group. There's a few of us out there now.

Cheers,

Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

great feeling eh?
    I fished a favourite dsretch of river on saturday just gone, Saw the sunrise and sunset ( 2 sessions) . got a couple and felt terrific. didnt see another soul.
    Cheers
    Brendan