Thread: Sunshine Coast Wholesale Bait

Sunshine Coast Wholesale Bait

Hi All

A few years working out in Charleville and now back to the salt (and the serious fishing)! The yellowbelly and yabbies kept me sane but give me the reef anyday....

My old supplier of bulk squid / pilchards has gone :-(

Can any member point me in the direction of someone who sells bulk lots (eg 10/20+ kg) of squid and / or pilchards at a reasonable price?

Not sure whether we can put business names on the board so a pm if you want.

Many, many thanks - great to be 'ausfishing' again!

Cheers

fisho

Re: Sunshine Coast Wholesale Bait

Best I have found is down on the Mooloolaba Spit. In the lane next to the Chandellrey. You can also access from the water if going fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Best I have found is down on the Mooloolaba Spit. In the lane next to the Chandellrey. You can also access from the water if going fishing.

Second that its a little hidden if your not looking hard enough

That's Mick and Jodies shop. I think they changed the name of it from Chanaben Bait and Tackle to Offshore Bait and Tackle. In the lane to Browns Slipway/Browns Fisheries/Browns fuel wharf. Turn into the parking lot for the first fish and chip shop immediately after O'Flahratys chandlery and commercial fishing supplies.

I've used the squid from this place and it seriously looks good enough to eat, so there's no doubting the quality.

Went to get my 10kg box of squid today and Offshore Bait & Tackle has closed down

Where is the best place to get bulk squid on the sunshine coast? Or happy to go down to Brisbane if the price is right.

Look up Pacific Harvest. They are on the Yandina/Bli-Bli Rd, Bruce Highway end. On the left side of the road if you head out from Bli Bli. Turn down the little lane at the back of their property after the number, pull up at the gate and honk the horn. I ring to make sure they know I am coming.