Thread: Northern Bay Tailor - Where to start?

Northern Bay Tailor - Where to start?

Hi all,

I trust the onset of some early coolish weather has everyone chomping at the bit to get out amongst them.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where would be a good place to start for some tailor in the northern part of Moreton Bay.

I normally put in at Bribie or Scarborough - but I've not been in a boat chasing tailor since I was about 9 years old.

That was out near the mile marker off Margate beach - and I distinctly remember tangling every line the old man handed me.

Well now I have a 14 year old son and at least he's capable of looking after his own rigs etc.

So, where might be a good place to start.

Of course, if there's any advice on rigs, tactics, tides etc. - I'm more than happy to receive them.

Reckon I'll need to invest in a pair of uggies and a beanie if this weather keeps up!

Cheers,

Steve

Re: Northern Bay Tailor - Where to start?

heard brisbane river mouth and around mud island
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

troll the reefs at scarborough also the mile marker you were talking abount in front of macdonald rd we use to troll the reef in from there about 100m off shore but make sure you check were it is at low tide some tides it stays just under the water

Bit of good advise from Gary Howard in this weeks bayside star was to concentrate on the fast flowing water between the bottom tip of Bribie (red beach - skirmish area) and gilligans island. Find the bait and hopefully the predators won't be far away.

Kev