Thread: Atomic crank vs Jackall chubby

Atomic crank vs Jackall chubby

Wondering how the Atomic cranks pair upto to the chubbys? I like the action and vibe of the chubbys but there overpriced. The Atomics are almost half the price of the jackals.

Also does anyone know if the Atomic Shad is much different to the Atomic Bream Shad? The bream shad weighs about .5 grams more so casting may be the winning factor.

Re: Atomic crank vs Jackall chubby

The atomic lures are fair for the price ...... but the Chubby is a very consistent & better finshed lure .
    If you buy your Jackalls overseas ..... it really becomes chalk & cheese

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    The atomic lures are fair for the price ...... but the Chubby is a very consistent & better finshed lure .
    If you buy your Jackalls overseas ..... it really becomes chalk & cheese

chris
    I had a quick eBay search but couldn't see much on there. What site do you recommend? Pm if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    I had a quick eBay search but couldn't see much on there. What site do you recommend? Pm if you wish
    A quick look at my two favorite sites do not have any chubbys - but similar models

have a look at Ebay site (sushilures) & www.tacklewarehouse.com

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

hey mate i prefer the atomic cranks have accounted for some very good fish this year already from whiting and bream to big flathead eastury perch and bass. only thing about the chubby's is the colour range.

the shads are just a longer slimmer profile to the bream shad but work great on flathead and whiting. they will still acount for the odd bream or two but for some reason the bream shad just works for them alot better

cheers

chubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (when Im dead) my biggest FEAR is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.........

I picked up a couple atomic cranks this morning in ghost wasaki and ghost gill also got some shads in similar colors. Thought I would grab a r2s baby crank also.

They certainly seem well crafted so see how they go.

My best bream lure is an atmoic in dark natural colour (my go to lure). Still a fan of the chubbies though and have a few
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

I personally prefer the chubbies purely for their castability compared to anything else on the market. They just cast alot further and have a much more consistant swimming action and hardly ever need tuning. Imo the jackals are worth the money. Cheers Whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.