Thread: Hinze Dam ramp update

Post Hinze Dam ramp update

Latest advice to the fish management group from SEQWater is that the dam wall is finished and the dam will fill to the new levels as water flows in from rainfall runoff. The new ramps will remain closed "until the water level rises into the safe range of operation for the boat ramps." When asked what the "safe range" would be the answer was:
    "The safe range of the new boat ramps will be assessed by Seqwater staff as the lake levels rise. Once our staff are confident that the level is high enough for the boat ramps to be used safely, the new boat ramps will be opened. We are keen to see the new facilities opened, so that our recreational users at Hinze have improved access to the lake."

Guess we will just have to wait and see where that level really is!

Re: Hinze Dam ramp update

Good news lets hope for a really good downpour into the catchment as the temp ramp on the western arm is a bit of a pain with the big washout opposite the turning area.
    My opinion for what ists worth is that the water will have to rise above the end of the concrete sections on the new ramps.
    Cheers
    Ray

Furthur update . I just ranf the Alliance and they are going to inspect the ramp today and they also advised me that the dam is already 400mm above full supply level.
    Must point out how quickly that the Alliance respond nowdays.
    Cheers
    Ray

Any news on the new ramps boys?

Cheers

shut over easter {new eastern} what a waste of time
    we were using the new western ramp over 18mths ago
    until it got locked again bout 12mths ago
    what are they doin there?

Heard ramps were shut due to vandalism but that was at the beginning of the yr.