Thread: The PA build is underway.......

The PA build is underway.......Updated (new pix)

Well, I had hoped that it would take a few hours........to a day to rig up the PA.......... but a combination of kids, chores and fear of the drill has delayed the progress somewhat........ but it is on the way

So far I have installed a flag......, the Madfroggear side boards, have begun installing the lights, have partially installed the transducer...... and have a plan on how the rest will go

So far here are the pics!
    Last edited by swabio; 26-04-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: updating the thread!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

Re: The PA build is underway.......

Lookin good richard,
    1 thing, why not put the transducer in the hull...(shoot thru hull)... cant get dragged off then... just upsets the temp reading a bit.
    you gonna have a ball in it mate.

see you on the water
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozie_3 View Post
    Lookin good richard,
    1 thing, why not put the transducer in the hull...(shoot thru hull)... cant get dragged off then... just upsets the temp reading a bit.
    you gonna have a ball in it mate.

see you on the water
    Not sure how the whole side imaging will go through the hull.......
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

Re: The PA build is underway....... Now with lights!

Well, did a little bit of work on the yak today........ drilled my first two holes, after freaking out a bit about it!

But anyway, i think the light should give me enough light to deal with rigging lines / dealing with fish etc...........

here are the results!

Serenity!

well......didn't touch it today though unfortunately............ had the car in for a service at 0730 at Zupps Aspley....... told them i needed it "ASAP" and proceeded to go for a walk towards Chermside.......... thinking that I would eat a bit of time, have a look at some shops......and then bus it back to the dealer......... well........ once at Chermside I decided I would just keep walking towards the city......................before I knew it I was in Fortitude Valley..........then Newfarm........ caught a ferry to North Quay...... then wandered around the city a bit, before catching the bus back out............. all up I covered just under 30km for the day........ got rained on a few times....... then dried out in the sun......... was a crazy day! Anyway I picked the car up at 1430, drove to Sunstate Hobie @ Murarrie, swapped the sounder mount i had for the correct one............. and headed home! Once there......... relaxed for about half an hour, then went and picked the Mrs up from work............. came home, had some food............. saw the leaking tap..........decided that i would fix it...........broke it........... off to bunnings to get a new mixer tap..........installed it.............. and well, no time for rigging the yak today.............but the good news is, not too much on tomorrow, so should be able to get into it!

Serenity!

I love the light show. Are you putting on nav lights too? Where are you planning to fish around?

Cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Angla View Post
    I love the light show. Are you putting on nav lights too? Where are you planning to fish around?

Cheers
    Chris
    Wont have nav lights on it, but will probably get one of these.........for an all around light when low light fishing....... http://www.yakattack.us/Products/Products.html

I was considering hard wiring a LED stern / all around white light in.......... but have decided that I will go the battery option instead, saves putting a sizeable hole in the yak......

I intend on fishing .............. everywhere!

Serenity!