Thread: Lots of items stolen

Lots of items stolen

Went down to a Holiday Park (dont want to mention the name up here) for the long weekend with the family. GC/Tweed area

Talk about so much stuff getting stolen. 1st night in the area 2 portable fridges and 3 TV's got stolen. The usual wallets, phones etc etc. Biggest surprise chatting to a husband and wife a few spots away, last night had their brand new Navara stolen in the early hours of the morning. They were asleep in the Caravan and the keys were in the Annex. The nerve to just opening the door itself makes me sick. Cousin slept with his keys under his pillow for the boat and the car.

Not keen on returning to that spot.

Ben.

Re: Lots of items stolen

Quote Originally Posted by 2BNVS1 View Post
    Went down to a Holiday Park (dont want to mention the name up here) for the long weekend with the family. GC/Tweed area

Talk about so much stuff getting stolen. 1st night in the area 2 portable fridges and 3 TV's got stolen. The usual wallets, phones etc etc. Biggest surprise chatting to a husband and wife a few spots away, last night had their brand new Navara stolen in the early hours of the morning. They were asleep in the Caravan and the keys were in the Annex. The nerve to just opening the door itself makes me sick. Cousin slept with his keys under his pillow for the boat and the car.

Not keen on returning to that spot.

Ben.
    I don't know about that, few mates and a couple of cricket bats........

not good,cant see why you cant name it.its what these forums are for,to help others beware of these spots/things.john

Yeh true i dunno, just thought if people wished to camp in that area i would PM them

Mate you should mention the park. If the operators cannot make it safe to stay there then people should be aware of the place. There are far too many scum bags in this country. mojo

mate its the same down at brunswick heads....15 years ago you could leave everything in the boat over night no worries....went down for a weekend last oct and the first thing we got asked was did we have a boat. Yes was the answer and then we were informed not to leave anything in the boat and if the motor was small enough to get that off as well....one of the local campers said that it didnt matter what was left in the boat it would be gone in the morning...i had to leave the motor onboard but it was padlocked. im guessing school holidays would be the worst as there are so many ppl in the place and any camp ground for that matter you wouldnt know who was who....just a sign of the times i guess...

We have had the same trouble at Brunswick ..you just have to be aware and dont leave anything unattended ..apparently there are a mob of homeless camped near the old shop (closed ) at the bridge and walk the public path along the river and grab anything left out ..they have taken esky's full of grog /food ..condiments and clothes ..
    Cheers Tezza

I guess it is just a sign of the times, we used to holiday in a park on the NSW south coast, and you could leave everything in your boat over night, these days you need to take everything out, and I mean everything, we even had bait stolen! and there is countless stories of stolen gear every week, when you think about it, a caravan park during the holiday season is almost a supermarket for theives, people leaving stuff laying about, boats with tons of "goodies" to steal, countless bikes and so on.