Thread: recessed rod holders for trolling in fresh

recessed rod holders for trolling in fresh

Currently use small scotty centre mounted between feet in emotion stealth angler for trolling.
    I dont find it easy to adjust or to seat or release rod in a hurry.
    I often troll between spots and sometimes pick up surprisingly good fish this way.

I want to put a standard flush mounted rod holder on the side near each foot as I think this may be a cheap easy solution.
    Any comments?

Also any suggestions for a decent brag mat for the yak- mostly bass fishing.
    Cheers
    Brendan

Re: recessed rod holders for trolling in fresh

Picked up today a Emotion Temtation {same as the stelth} but with no rod holders. I am looking forward to pimping this rig.... Best thing was the price $300. It has a Berkly adjustable rod holder between the feet, and come with a wheelie bin trolley seat and padle.

As for the rod holder near the feet...Ii used to own a Viking Tempo and it had holders in that postion. If you put them in , you will have to make sure they don't foul when you paddle.

Here is a pic of the old Tempo... You can just make out the position of the forward holder, as it has a rod in it. I found I used to store the rods here to as they were in easy reach.
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

Re: recessed rod holders for trolling in fresh

Cheers for the reply.
    Picked up some slimline 30 degree holders for 6 bucks each at B@# but I have looked long and hard and am not sure that they will fit in the thickness between the outside skin and the ribs of the footwell.
    Anyhow "measure twice cut once" applies at the moment.
    I use a scotty in the centre spot but find that it jams in position when you want to angle it for trolling.
    I think that there is plenty of room to keep it forward out of paddling interference though.
    Cheers
    Brendan