Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Fishing Etiquette Rules

Re: Fishing Etiquette Rules

Went out Saturday with two mates and launched off Coochin Creek. Tried a few different spots and had just got to a new one, anchored up, threw our lines in and were sitting having a beer when this group of young fishos (I am young too - 24) screamed past us in 2 different fishing boats in a channel probably 30M wide. These guys ran right over our lines at full speed and then had the tenacity to give me the finger whilst we were death staring them.

Luckily guys like that have cars easily identifiable at the boat ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliak View Post
    Went out Saturday with two mates and launched off Coochin Creek. Tried a few different spots and had just got to a new one, anchored up, threw our lines in and were sitting having a beer when this group of young fishos (I am young too - 24) screamed past us in 2 different fishing boats in a channel probably 30M wide. These guys ran right over our lines at full speed and then had the tenacity to give me the finger whilst we were death staring them.

Luckily guys like that have cars easily identifiable at the boat ramp.
    Was one of them young fella's you Muddy Dude Dan???
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

When I see people anchored & fishing in the channel I keep to about 8 Knots to create maximum wash & increase the chances of hooking their lines with my prop. Death stares and snapper heads are easily warded off by waving as I go past.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    When I see people anchored & fishing in the channel I keep to about 8 Knots to create maximum wash & increase the chances of hooking their lines with my prop. Death stares and snapper heads are easily warded off by waving as I go past.
    If only we could all be like you, our estuaries could be washing machines and the fish would all float to the top!