Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Fibre Venom rod range

Re: Live Fibre Venom rod range

Any one else given these rods a run ? Either the OH/jig or the spin/popper rods. Leigh

Have the 350 spin and the 250 OH, cant recommend them highly enough!
    Tangles KFC

I like my venom use it for reds - jew and trolling. I swap between three reels A penn 950 with 4o pound mono A Fin nor offshore with 50 pound braid and a bait runner with 25 pound braid. very verstile rod.

BigE

Going to get my self 1 for a chrissy present. Thanks Leigh

Love them
    Now i have a 450 g and a 350 g spin
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

good to see the tuff tackle same rig I use. although I have the normal live fibre 7ft 15-24kg spin that is what I use for reds and it seems to work for me.

Take a look at the new Tuff Tackle Brawn hoping mummy is going to put one under the tree
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

I have the 350 Venom SportX spin and its a monster of a rod,pulled a 150kg + bull shark with my Stella 20000 no problem very good rod for hard pulling fish.Its a bit of an overkill for reefies thou.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    ............Its a bit of an overkill for reefies thou.
    Not if your targeting them with 350gr jigs.....

look like a gr8 bit of gear....thinking of getting a 250g OH but recon the torsa 30 will be to a bit big for it and take some of the fun out of it.... still going to be more fun than the t curve deep jig 400 .......hmmmmmm.... now how to ask santa if ive been a good boy this year....
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Yeah I have used one once and loved it. Great rod for the price. Used the 350 and is fine for hugging 300-400gm jigs. But now I use the daiwa monster mesh rods. Have a 150gm spin which I use most and a 300gm O/H. And for $200 I love them more than the venoms. pulled some big fish with both but the jigging action in the monster mesh range suited me better. How do you guys go jigging reds up there?

Any opinions on the Venom 150 overhead? I was thinking of one to go with a Talica8 for a light jigger. Would have considered a MMesh but they dont make a 150 OH. I am really dreaming of a Synit Kaha50 but that is a rod waaay outside my budget.

They are bringing out a Black Hole 80 and 150G rods and blanks next year. I'll buying some blanks in to build a couple.
    I plan on putting my Stella 5000 on a 150 and go hard!! Ron (megafish71) is planning the same. The 250 is such a nice rod.
    A spiral wrapped Black Hole 80 or 150 to go with the TAC 8 would be an awesome set up!
    A little dearer again but less than the Synit is the Jigging Master Three Kings Special in UL or L configuration. I tried to buy these blanks but they were out of stock but I'm sure it was not necessary to spend the extra compared to the Black Holes.
    There is always the T Curve deep jig 200. It is a brilliant rod and well priced.

Thanks Daintree, any idea who will carry the Black Hole rods, I know the US Tuna guys love these rods for big fish. I have a tcurve200 that I swap between a Torsa and Penn Fathom, I really like it for a lot of reasons. If Shimano would get their shit together and make a short jigger on the TC4 blank no doubt they would be as popular as the 200/400 have been.

Sent a pm mate. I don't know of any Aussie seller unfortunately.