Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strangest thing you ever saw fishing?

Strangest thing you ever saw fishing?

I saw mine today...flicking lures around a rocky point for some jacks this arvo on an early rising tide, just out from a large mangrove lined bay. In very shallow water a large mullet hit the turbo button and came charging out of the mangroves....so far so good...then out after it at full tilt comes a bloody great wild pig trying to catch the mullet with its mouth . Any way, the pig saw me and bolted back into the mangroves and I'm trying to explain to the handbrake that I just saw a bloody great pig...no more beer for me this arvo

Re: Strangest thing you ever saw fishing?

How about sitting on your favourite jewie hole out at Bynoe harbour and you get lined up by a FLOATPLANE.......Fark......pull the anchor he IS gunna land on us.

Yeah that was an experiance.......they were dropping off something for the pearl farm.
    Dan

one am on the reef in a 17 foot boat and a manta ray jumps the anchor a metre from the boat...all peaceful and quiet then it sounded like the boat was hit by a torpedo....very memorable to say the least

Ive seen some very strange things going on in the dunes at the bottom of Bribie Island. Always take the wide channel these days - ewwwww

Was in cobaki creek just behind gold coast airport floating about with the electric motor a few months ago when all of a suden a huge roo comes crashing through the trees with a dead set dingo hot after it. The roo jumped clean over the fallen tree on the bank i was casting at and the dingo had no chance so he just gave up the chase and stoped right in front of me. I stayed perfectly still and he stood there and snffed the air and instantly froze as he smelt me. For a few tence moments we both stood there like statues untill i thought ill whistle at him. He turned and spotted me and took off like a flash into the bush. Was only about 6-7meters away from him so got a real good look.(thats how i know he was a he) It loooked identical to the ones on fraser only this was right in the back yard of the gold coast!

for me its been a few things when i was a young fella down wooli way out in our 12ft tinny i had the miss fortune of a body float past, an older lady keeled over fishing the bank and fell in.almost ran over a roo in the same river.one day setting the pots in the southpine with the daughter we had a fox swim across in front of us id say he didnt hear the 4 stroke one of those things u see something in the water but not sure what till your on top of it

I was slowly making my way up a skinny channel in Leeders creek idling along chatting to a work mate and my missus when i got belted in the back hard by something wet and solid , i squealed like a girl thinking i had been hit by a swamp dog( yes i was p#ssed) when i looked down to see a big tarpon flappin round on the floor looking mighty pleased with himself. The worst part my missus had the f#@%ing video camera out and caught the whole thing on tape.

Rob
    "I would rather cut off my own ding dong than admit alcohol is not food" William Murderface-Metalocalypse

^^^^^ Video or Ban LOL post it up

I cant really remember anything strange, apart from when i was about 9 i went fishing with my old man down the local creek, cast out, felt something, yanked the rod up was bending the rod like crazy was reeling it in so slowly. Got so excited but turned out to be a shopping trolley lol

one of my best mates Steve was out in his tinny off turros on the south coast in NSW with his uncle ( i was at work) he caught this unbelievable footage.. well worth a look.

dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Awesome video, I think I might have put a life jacket on by now "just in case they got to close"
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

thats an awesome vid!!!

thats awesome nath, had me on the edge of my seat thats for sure.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

yeah pretty cool stuff... My mate steve says he was crappn his pants but at the same time was just in awe of this extremely luck encounter.. about a year earlier i was surfing at a beach not far from turross and right on dusk had a bunch of dolphins come up to me.. one came close enough and slow enough to eyeball me whilst i got to pat it (run my hand along it) it came back for seconds as well all while my girlfriend was on the beach freaking out thinking it was a shark!!!
    Nature sure does turn it on some days.. Went snapper fishing landbased one morning whilst it was still a bit dark and went to put my gear down on a "rock" i wasnt paying much attention (was a bit focused on the perfect conditions) got the shock of my life when it let out a massive bark.. it was a big male seal!!! Another time i was watching a little penguin dart around a rock ledge a mate and i were fishing and we stopped and were just watching it saying how cool it was etc... then outa nowhere there was a big wooosh over our shoulders as this dirty big seaeagle plucked it from about 5 foot away from us!!! Poor little bugger.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Grahams creek Gladstone, saw an echidna chasing bait in saltwater creek.
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

me catching a fish