Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinnie & Tackle Show

Tinnie & Tackle Show

I did not see much written about the Tinnie & Tackle show this year nor much "above the line" advertising and after looking at the Fishing seminar program, decided that as I had seen a lot of it several times before and that therefore, I would not go this year.

Did I miss anything?

I know that people like to get bargains at these things if they can but in recent years, I have never seen much that would justify the cost of entry, parking, fast food etc. ie, you need to make a saving of $40+ to bother going for the tackle on sale there.

Re: Tinnie & Tackle Show

Thanks to all those who made a gold coin donation for one of the Club Marine Life Rings..

Peter
    engage, educate, encourage

I was very disappointed in the show. I went to look at 25 - 30hp 4 strokes and there was only one in the show. Everyone had CV30 type motors and that was it. As far as good deals I finished up going back to Yatala Yamaha and buying my motor. Last year was much better. I also got the feeling that they were trying to rip me off with extras. One lot tried to charge me a fitting cost for a manual start/tilt 25 hp 4 stroke motor. When I questioned them they said that if they didn't drill the holes to mount it I would not get any warranty??????????????????

As far as it being a Tinnie and tackle show there were a lot of large boats. Another show loosing it's direction.

I won't be going next year.
    Last edited by davo; 10-04-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

didn't even know it was on

I'm glad i only paid $6(2 for 1 deal) to get in and free parking. I went in the hope of a good suspension deal for the Ute. Didn't even get close to quotes I already had before the show.

It has definitely lost it's way. Tinny, tackle, 4WD and camping......... Big fibreglass boats, caravans and very little camping gear.

I picked up 2 Struddy Softbods rods for $50 each in the last hour ($200+ a couple of years ago) 5 squid jigs for $10, some Brad Smith's lures for $6, got a great pair of s/s kitchen sissors I've already used for cutting up redclaw shells and chicken bones for $5 and supported the Manly Vol Coast Guard. Was almost gunna buy one of those Miracle Pots (I think thats what they're called) for $100 but I bumped into a old mate and went for a beer. I saw 1.5 & 2.5 TLD's get down to $120 before they sold out.

Yep gotta say I did expect a little better, never been before but lost it's way in the fact that I didnt exactly see many "tinnys". Picked up a nice plano tackle box though which would retail for a fair bit more than what I got it for.

But I did see an abu garcia cardinal reel that I bought about 8 months ago and the mark up was still more than what I got it for at anaconda, made me cautious about buying anything else
    Confucius says.........."Before man become master fisherman, man must become master baiter".

Unfortunately I am not in Brisbane for the show this year.

I usually go in to see the Seminars. Always good to see new rec anglers up there passing on invaluable info.

I go to meet up with fisher folks I only get to see once in a while.

I am sure there are bargains to be had, just need to search for them.

On the lighter side, where else can you go to see any numbers of boats , motors, etc under the one roof, just waiting for your appraisal. Saves a lot of driving around.

The stall holders ( exhibitors ) have to sort of predict what the customer, at the time, wants and provide that product. If economic times are good, they'll trot out quality high end stuff, but if times are tough they may even decide to bypass the show, knowing that money they spend on stall fees will not be re-couped, no matter how well sales go. It's all about margins.

I would have attended if I was in Brisvegas.

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phil (or Chris), unless I missed them, I didn't see ECO there signing up members this year. Where they there or wasn't it viable? Or are they still going?

The dealers fork out HUGE sums for a stand at these shows now. They have to get it back through sales mostly. So dont expect too many discounts. Shows are just aa way to get alot of dealers under one roof. Saves you marching all round town. You can usually get just as good as or better outside any old time.

Mike

Yeh i was a bit dissapointed, there were a few boats i was looking at but in terms of fishing gear itself i didnt find that much that interested me, most the stuff i buy that was at the show was alot more expensive than where i get them anyway.

Better than sitting at home doin nothin i guess, but id rather actually been out fishing

Ben...

I went fishing. More useful to me and the kids had a better time.

Yeah was much the same as every year, I bought one pair of cutters and that was it. Was good to catch up with Foxy for a yarn though and also checked out the Boston Whaler in the flesh, very nice looking boat!!

Anthony

id def upgrade the BW motor the 250 was only the size of my tinny lol
    Last edited by 2BNVS1; 11-04-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: coz

were there any "real" bargains in there for tinnies?