Thread: Barra plastics

Barra plastics

Hi all,

Only ever use hard bodies for Barra but will also take a spin stick (Raider 7'' 4-7kg with Stradic 4000) to the gulf this year to try some softies. Don't profess to know too much about them so any advice on which ones I should throw in would be great.

Cheers BJ.

Re: Barra plastics

hey mate been wanting to know the same thing..

if you type in barra plastics in the search section there is heaps of good information but to narrow it down the main choice is the squidgies 110mm slick rig in the drop bear colour but the other colours are good too the gold ones look the goods...

good luck..

Zman swimmerz hollowbellys, even gulp grubs. Seven inch jerk shads . U will find the barra will bite
    Bite better on light rigs

Mate I have caught Barra on Shimano Slick Rigs as well as Berkley Gulps (Pink Lemonade) 4 inch. Like you I prefer to use hard bodies, catch to many cod on plastics!

slick rigs and powerbait mullets have worked well for me in the dams. i agree with devocean, the lighter the rig the more effective they are, especially when casting at snags. DOA prawns are awesome on salties aswell, although are pretty pricey.

dallas

Two words- resin heads, slow dropping plastics are very important. Reidys rubbers are also good for long casts in the shallows. As with all plastics, be orepared for plenty of hits andnot a lot of hook ups. You should start mucking around with stinger ideas (tailing trebles) if you want to get tmost out of them. Barra are great at inhaling softies and spitting them out.